lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
THIS is a 2021 Big Deal GT

I find him kind of grating personally but he is pretty thorough and mostly fair which I respect a lot.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Meh. The problem with these youtube reviewers is every time they drive a new EV they claim it's the new best car. Even the major publications tend to do the same.

You can watch all of his EV videos in order and each time he'll say it's the best EV available. I don't think many of these reviewers daily an EV and so they're always shocked with how much better it is than an ICE.

Not discounting the R1T but I'd take youtube reviews of EVs with an extra spoonful of salt.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I go back and forth on wether Rivian Blue is worth the upcharge, his pictures of it make it look pretty bad, others are much better.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Meh. The problem with these youtube reviewers is every time they drive a new EV they claim it's the new best car. Even the major publications tend to do the same.

You can watch all of his EV videos in order and each time he'll say it's the best EV available. I don't think many of these reviewers daily an EV and so they're always shocked with how much better it is than an ICE.

Not discounting the R1T but I'd take youtube reviews of EVs with an extra spoonful of salt.
Haven't watched this video yet, but he drove the Hummer after the Rivian, said he liked the Hummer would be his choice between the two, So him saying the Rivian is the winner is a big deal to me.

Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I’ve been watching Doug’s videos for years and he does have a background in the automative industry. The fact the EVs are turning heads is the fact that they can put up some crazy performance numbers, with ranging being the biggest lag compared to gas powered vehicles.

Doug’s known for his quirks and features. Watch his video of the Tesla Plaid or Lucid. He did a review of the F150 lightning, but Ford wouldn’t let him drive it. With that said, he still does good reviews of gas vehicles.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Young people are easily influenced by popular yougoobers etc, so I think they actually hold a decent amount of sway. I’m old enough to not give a darn what others think. ?

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Also winner of #4 quirkiest quirk of the year. Congratulations to the adventure hole / gear tunnel!
Ha! I’m sure the “Adventure Hole” name was summarily disqualified by Rivian’s Marketing Department. Now if Elon were in charge, Adventure Hole would have been embraced as it dovetails well with Fart Mode!

Sponsored

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

I'm happy that he picked the R1T. I think next year he would pick the R1S due to the fact that he likes the SUV format better.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I go back and forth on wether Rivian Blue is worth the upcharge, his pictures of it make it look pretty bad, others are much better.
Most people say you have to look at it in person to really appreciate it. I live in LA so I will drive over to Rivian center in Venice Beach to make my final decision on color since $2500 is a bit of an upgrade. Hope you get a chance to look at it live.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Haven't watched this video yet, but he drove the Hummer after the Rivian, said he liked the Hummer would be his choice between the two, So him saying the Rivian is the winner is a big deal to me.
I was surprised that he said the hummer EV would be his choice and he rated it a 73, which matched the highest score he had ever given a vehicle. I haven’t seen this video yet but surprised he would rate the R1T the winner given his previous comment on the Hummer. I personally think the hummer is more of a specialty car and not something you could daily drive given its size. It would probably not fit in most people’s garage. Plus, considering that all Bolt cars were recalled because they could spontaneously combust, I don’t know that I would be willing to spend over $110k on an EV from GM so soon.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I was surprised that he said the hummer EV would be his choice and he rated it a 73, which matched the highest score he had ever given a vehicle. I haven’t seen this video yet but surprised he would rate the R1T the winner given his previous comment on the Hummer. I personally think the hummer is more of a specialty car and not something you could daily drive given its size. It would probably not fit in most people’s garage. Plus, considering that all Bolt cars were recalled because they could spontaneously combust, I don’t know that I would be willing to spend over $110k on an EV from GM so soon.
Have you watched his two R1T videos? He was nuts for the truck and at the end of his review said “I want one” which he doesn’t usually give that type of endorsement. Rivian also gave him the truck for a few days. GM supervised his Hummer review.

Tate Deason

First Name
Tate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep gladiator; Rivian R1S, RC, BM, 21”
Clubs

Most people say you have to look at it in person to really appreciate it. I live in LA so I will drive over to Rivian center in Venice Beach to make my final decision on color since $2500 is a bit of an upgrade. Hope you get a chance to look at it live.
Just recently visited the hub and only launch green and el cap were there in terms of color.
Sponsored