Sponsored

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
I just don't get why folks spec white interiors. Even if you don't have kids or pets, they're gonna show the dirt.
Sponsored

GreenOptimist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Not sure why but I was adamant about OC and just stuck with it like the stubborn git that I am. I plan to designate a special pair of white trousers for the R1 and require anyone traveling in it to only dress in white.
So far so good in ours. Wear jeans all the time fwiw.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
So far so good in ours. Wear jeans all the time fwiw.
Jeans turned out to be the biggest problem for my light leather interior that I owned 15 or so years ago. It didn't take long to see some dye transfer on the seat and it didn't clean up easily.

The OC loaner I'm driving looks really good with 2K "rental" miles but I'm more interested in what it might look like after 30K.

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I just don't get why folks spec white interiors. Even if you don't have kids or pets, they're gonna show the dirt.
I had white interior on 3 of my last 4 cars. I spend a lot of time in the woods and am a bit of a clean freak about my cars. Never seemed to have an issue - no signs of wear or discoloration. Two Subarus and a Mach E, so nothing special.

Sponsored

waitinginvain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Occupation
Software
Can't vouch for RIVIAN, but my Model S with 60k miles is still vibrant white despite my dog routinely trashing it

But there is an exception - the threads/stitching isn't quite as resilient.

I've only noticed this after spilling a Thai iced tea and having orange threads for awhile but that went away too. Maybe UV took care of it or something.

tobyringle

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Guess what, your BM seats are just as dirty. But since they are as noticeable, they just remain dirty. Either way the OC appears that dirty after just 5,000 miles.

Mjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
software engineer
Jeans turned out to be the biggest problem for my light leather interior that I owned 15 or so years ago. It didn't take long to see some dye transfer on the seat and it didn't clean up easily.

The OC loaner I'm driving looks really good with 2K "rental" miles but I'm more interested in what it might look like after 30K.
A month in and my OC still looks new. If people can't do a simple 5 minute wipe and clean after 30k miles they need a bidet.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
he did mention it was a farm truck . Definitely sticking out for OC int after seeing how easy it was to clean.
Lol, why would you buy a farm truck with OC interior?

I've had light interiors for years now. My wifes car has synthetic leather that very much looks like OC, and it still looks brand new 2 yrs/ 30k miles in.

I'm sure there is a disgusting looking BM farm truck out there too, but it shouldn't dissuade you from buying what you want.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Because it looks amazing and feels more open and airy inside. like painting the walls of your room Black vrs white.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Prime

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Because it looks amazing and feels more open and airy inside. like painting the walls of your room Black vrs white.
Just like exterior color, personal preference. I get the benefits of a light interior on the Rivian: airy, not as hot in summer, contrast piping on the seats shows more and looks nicer, hides oily marks from dirty fingers or headrests better. I personally love black headliners, gives a more sporty feel IMO, also the benefit of showing less staining / dirt on both headliner and seats. I would have given more consideration to OC with a black headliner though.

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
White interior...... Yeah, that's like white carpet, WHY.

And yes, as other stated, GROSS. I don't wanna be able to see the nastiness I leave behind. Why isn't "Skin and oil brown" an option for interior colors.
Sponsored