RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
The Ionic5 consistently surprises me with its size. I keep on thinking it's Elantra sized, and it certainly is not.

Thicc.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The Ionic5 consistently surprises me with its size. I keep on thinking it's Elantra sized, and it certainly is not.

Thicc.
Every. Damn. Time. Without a frame of reference, we all just think it's a VW Golf.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Every. Damn. Time. Without a frame of reference, we all just think it's a VW Golf.

Finding out tomorrow, I bet that Ioniq Charges faster tho :p

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Finding out tomorrow, I bet that Ioniq Charges faster tho :p
Gonna have to share your opinions. The only real negatives I've heard are that they are a bit thirsty, they don't currently precondition the battery, and the nav system is very meh.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Gonna have to share your opinions. The only real negatives I've heard are that they are a bit thirsty, they don't currently precondition the battery, and the nav system is very meh.

Will definitely share my review! As well as charging curve the minute it gets low.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Will definitely share my review! As well as charging curve the minute it gets low.
The odds that the first customer charging curve of an EV realeased in Q4 2021 on this forum is of something *other* than a Rivian...

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
It does have Android Auto/CarPlay though so doesn't matter too much about the nav at least. Although it sounds like only over USB.

Last edited:

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Saab 93 turboX SC; 2020 Porsche GT4
I'm also waiting for Ioniq 5 delivery early 2022. Got email from Rivian mentioning expected delivery of R1T 2nd half of 2023 so it will be an opportunity to get used to a full electric vehicle before R1T.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Ended up wanting a Limited when you compare the features with the SEL and the fact that it's missing a power passenger seat it's a little bit of a turn off at 52k where a Limited is 56k and you get a LOT more. So alas we wait again.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Ended up wanting a Limited when you compare the features with the SEL and the fact that it's missing a power passenger seat it's a little bit of a turn off at 52k where a Limited is 56k and you get a LOT more. So alas we wait again.
Interesting. I haven't bothered looking at the ones on lots here because they're all SE and SEL as well.

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM
I owned and Ionic 5 before my DM R1T and the Ionic keeps a higher charging curve longer. Where at 70% the I5 will do 115kw to 80% then drop to 8 kw for 2-3 minutes and then ramp up to at least 80kw and stay there.
Sponsored

Last edited: