Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Gosh do people do this on purpose? The angle of these pictures make them essentially worthless for size comparison, imo.
Yeah, these comparison photos are never good. But it’s not as easy as you think from a phone camera. That said, I still get the impression that many are trying to downplay the size of the R1T in these comparisons and they always have it set to the lowest suspension setting and tend to place it behind or at an off angle making the other vehicles look bigger. These pics are awful. They make the Jeep look as big as the raptor and much larger than the R1T. No way that setup wasn’t on purpose.
Sponsored

BillyBob

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Occupation
Just retired
It was definitely set up. Notice all three trucks were backed in, whereas every other vehicle in the lot was parked front in. Now one blue truck being backed in...Sure...Three blue trucks in a row...I don't think so.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Same case could be made for the roof yet Rivian chose to stick with a fixed glass panel. Not sure if they made these decisions trying to keep things simple for startup or if maybe there were NVH considerations.
Likely both, along with cost. With the silent running of any EV, all NVH issues would be easier to notice. A sliding rear window would be of greater usefulness for me than a removable top panel, even though both would be nice to have. That said, I'd never give up the Gear tunnel for a downward sliding window. I'm sure an aftermarket sideways sliding window, or one with a center opening will show up at some point, for those who want one.

Last edited:

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
One of the guys at my fire station has the Jeep Gladiator, and believe you me I will get several pictures of them side-by-side and tail bed to tail bed backed up to each other for a nice profile view comparison. I'll also do a bunch of interior shots with me sitting in various positions so everybody could see what real people inside look like.

Probably going to have to wait till May though.

cmiller

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
Nurse
I am not a fan of jeeps, but I will say that jeeps do make rigs they park next to look a lot better

Sponsored

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I prefer the front of the Raptor and the rear of the Rivian. I really need to see the Rivian in person though...

onthebrake

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE - 3/31/2022 Took Delivery
Occupation
Project Manager
Same case could be made for the roof yet Rivian chose to stick with a fixed glass panel. Not sure if they made these decisions trying to keep things simple for startup or if maybe there were NVH considerations.
I'm glad the roof is fixed and the back window is solid. Less things to break. I sold my Raptor for my R1T, and all the 2nd Gen Raptors have major issues with the sunroof. Knowing that, I was paranoid too even use mine. I do wish the Rivian had a shade you could close for the top though. I met a R1T owner and he said it does get hot from the glass roof, so I'll be tinting the top glass roof for sure.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
The only thing Raptor has that I wish R1T had is the back window. In fact, anything with a bed this small should have the whole glass slide down like Toyota Tundra.

1641673368312.jpeg
Probably wasn't included due to it interfering with the space for the retractable tonneau and/or the Gear tunnel.
Sponsored

Reactions: Max