Contractor
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Two things that make me laugh in the replies, one is the people complaining about tires as if it matters. The Rivian is more powerful, heavier, and has a better power application. It's going to smoke the Ford on any surface with any tires. The funnier thing is the people saying a Model X Plaid would have a chance against a Rivian. If the Rivian didn't rip the bumper out of the X it would drag it even more easily than the Ford. All these Tesla shills think they are infallible and that a 0-60 time is indicative of actual ability.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I do agree, street tires on grass vs all-terrain tires does given Rivian ONE advantage. But, it also has a bunch of other advantages too. Horsepower and torque being two of them.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Two things that make me laugh in the replies, one is the people complaining about tires as if it matters. The Rivian is more powerful, heavier, and has a better power application. It's going to smoke the Ford on any surface with any tires. The funnier thing is the people saying a Model X Plaid would have a chance against a Rivian. If the Rivian didn't rip the bumper out of the X it would drag it even more easily than the Ford. All these Tesla shills think they are infallible and that a 0-60 time is indicative of actual ability.
I was just about to say that, but not alone. There’s just too many factors. Weight, torque, individual motors hunting for and controlling traction, and the 20” all terrains. Take away the all terrains and …the R1T would still win. But the F-150L would have a better chance. Put it in conserve and then I think we’ll have a match

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Tesla Model 3
Entertaining to watch, but at the end of the day, this is as useful a test as Musk's Cybertruck vs F-150 tug-of-war.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Entertaining to watch, but at the end of the day, this is as useful a test as Musk's Cybertruck vs F-150 tug-of-war.
How long ago was that? His company could build only one of those, and they were able to just wander into any dealership and buy the other on the spot. Its not like Ford sent a custom one off vehicle for that demonstration, which Tesla did.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The Rivian should win that every day on all surfaces with any tires.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

These folks are lucky that ball/hitch didn't break on the Rivian. Very recently someone died while trying to recover a truck stuck in the mud using a hitch ball where the drop hitch snapped and sent the ball through the windshield. Please don't ever do this.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
These folks are lucky that ball/hitch didn't break on the Rivian. Very recently someone died while trying to recover a truck stuck in the mud using a hitch ball where the drop hitch snapped and sent the ball through the windshield. Please don't ever do this.

I kinda cringed when I saw that too. Just like when I see a bunch of people standing around a chain being used to pull or lift something heavy. Darwin award dumb.

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Tesla Model 3
How long ago was that? His company could build only one of those, and they were able to just wander into any dealership and buy the other on the spot. Its not like Ford sent a custom one off vehicle for that demonstration, which Tesla did.
A few years ago:

It was just a regular F-150. Or at least, not a Lightning.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass

I don’t do any recovery, so asking to be educated. Would you have the same concerns if he used a shackle hitch? (Ie, concerns about snapping a pin) or is this more about the weakness in the weld of the ball?

JamesPolk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
More HP, torque, weight. Rivian should win. They should have at least made it a fair fight though. Rivian should have road tires. Power means nothing if you can't put it to the ground. Ford with off road and Rivian with road tires, it's very likely the Ford would win.

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
Only one of these vehicles is actively calculating the coefficient of friction on the surface it’s driving on. I bet the key is less infuriating on the ford and it probably has fewer service appointments per vehicle than the rivian though.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

As I was reading this, I thought you were going to say it was about as useless as Tesla's steel ball vs Cybertruck windows test!
Sponsored