Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

The rear tow hooks are extended out. In the prior pic, they were pushed in more. Interesting.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The rear tow hooks are extended out. In the prior pic, they were pushed in more. Interesting.
Perhaps they pull out for use and push in to fit behind the silver cover panels?

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

My thoughts are its just the angle of the photo and these will be the launch edition colors same with yellow brakes and badging in and out.

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Factor 55 FlatLink E!

Maybe they will have a rebranded Factor 55 Recovery kit as well?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Well. They're actually in my neck of the woods. My Rivian senses apparently aren't good enough. @DuckTruck looks like there is a blue R1S and this one headed south to you. It was charging in Lacey today. This photo was in Ferndale.

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

In the absence of any info from the company, I'm wondering if one of the front hooks would be a good mounting point for the license plate, in those states that require it. The rear picture is clearer, and it looks like the hooks have flattened surfaces on their face and back. In other words, they don't look to be rounded, tubular-type structures. As such, they look perfect for holding a plate.

With the winch taking center stage on the front bumper, I'd prefer not to drill holes on the large facial expanse of the Rivians. Having it there would either look like a pig's nose ? , a major underbite ? , or an angry beaver ? depending on how low or high you mount it. I know some folks here don't want us to humanize these "things", but with those soulful eyes, you can't unsee the goofy face a centered plate would present.

Maybe low and to one side would give it the appearance of a happy pooch wagging it's tongue like it would when riding down the road with it's head out the window. ?

There you go! No more human reference! Problem solved.... ?

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
As I mentioned in the other thread, I don't think these are standard bumpers. The shapes of the bumper and the cutouts for the license plate are different when compared to the standard ones pictured in the configurator. I wonder if they are optional (1st or 3rd part) accessories?

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

This is yet another subject we learned nothing about on Thursday....?

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
As I mentioned in the other thread, I don't think these are standard bumpers. The shapes of the bumper and the cutouts for the license plate are different when compared to the standard ones pictured in the configurator. I wonder if they are optional (1st or 3rd part) accessories?
It could also be that they've updated the design (or are testing a new design) and just haven't updated the configurator images because the design isn't confirmed as the final design. Doing a new set of renders for something that might still change would be a waste of time.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)