Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
We were out walking the dog this afternoon in the neighborhood and outta nowhere I saw a Launch Green R1T cruising by on residential streets! Recognized it right away (told the wifey "omg that's a Rivian! a Rivian!!"). The pup was sensing my excitement and was on high alert? . Thought I'd anticipate where it was headed (Coffeeholic, the best Vietnamese coffee in Seattle) and walked towards there. Lo and behold, the vehicle was parked about half a block away.

Handed the dog off and started jogging towards the vehicle. Approached the two guys standing around it and discovered that they were Rivian employees just wrapping up a day of Mobile Drives! I thought those were done, but apparently they've started them back up? Good to know :).

Anyway, they were kind enough to let me walk around, take photos, even sit inside. I concur with prior impressions of the interior being premium without feeling luxury. The vehicle was in standard height mode and at 5'11" I found it pretty easy to get in and out (although I was so excited I might have unknowingly jumped up into it and thought nothing of it).

I also found the frunk access to be really easy. Had a discussion with them about how I was concerned about that and would have preferred the opening style of the Lightning, but it didn't feel very difficult at all to raise and lower things into the frunk even at standard height. The fit and finish was also good, did not notice any blatant panel gaps.

I found Launch Green to be pretty muted under Seattle's overcast skies. Definitely looks more gray from afar, but the green starts to show up once you get closer. I took a few shots as it drove away to give you guys a sense of that. There isn't any metal flaking to the paint either, although there is a gloss finish so it shines beautifully. Personally it is giving me some pause - I think I want to see Forest Green before making my final choice.

All phots uploaded except one video which is too large. Boo hoo. Enjoy!
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) DC2041E9-19E3-4BB9-81E4-5A451AB9B44C
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 9C40B80D-10C8-4D55-9904-30EBE6CBA0E4
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) CE1F4A70-9576-4E21-883D-588B8C32BDEB
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 377CD190-B801-4D03-BCFF-F4D3F555E7F0
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 5DDA001E-56AE-49DD-A889-27D3652777A3
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) B0E46F20-1D34-47D1-94DB-79A3AA22AC03

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 7743ECD2-5107-451B-ABC9-6AA3DA283491

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) EE837D75-AA6F-4F50-9B4C-1E63E202ACBD
Sponsored

Last edited:

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Thanks for sharing. Having not seen one in person, every one of these shares is exciting!

OP
OP
sevengroove

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Thanks for sharing. Having not seen one in person, every one of these shares is exciting!
Indeed, it's a special feeling to see one in person despite having consumed virtually all the media available on it online. Especially since it was such a random chance encounter. Made my day totally!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Pretty sure that’s Limestone! :giggle:

Sponsored

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Yeah, I ruled out Launch Green for your very concern. I just feel like it'll look washed out on all of our cloudy days.

My friend swore up and down he saw a Blue R1S in Seattle. I told him that seemed unlikely but he swears he did.

OP
OP
sevengroove

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Yeah, I ruled out Launch Green for your very concern. I just feel like it'll look washed out on all of our cloudy days.
Yea, I just wish it was more green. It has a nice understated look about it, which lets it blend nicely into the background (some folks may appreciate that). The more I think about it though I'm leaning towards Forest Green after seeing LG in person.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

My friend swore up and down he saw a Blue R1S in Seattle. I told him that seemed unlikely but he swears he did.
I'm sure he did. I drove one. There are several.
Edit :Just noticed you said R1S... Sorry.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I found Launch Green to be pretty muted under Seattle's overcast skies. Definitely looks more gray from afar, but the green starts to show up once you get closer. I took a few shots as it drove away to give you guys a sense of that. There isn't any metal flaking to the paint either, although there is a gloss finish so it shines beautifully. Personally it is giving me some pause - I think I want to see Forest Green before making my final choice.
Ironically I have forest green configured and keep stalking the service center hoping to see one because I am concerned how it will look in the overcast. It seems like every picture that I like it in is brightly lit.

In general, I think it really it is really helpful to see the colors in the local lighting conditions. Rivian blue threw me for a total loop when I saw it (that's not good or bad).

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Ironically I have forest green configured and keep stalking the service center hoping to see one because I am concerned how it will look in the overcast. It seems like every picture that I like it in is brightly lit.

In general, I think it really it is really helpful to see the colors in the local lighting conditions. Rivian blue threw me for a total loop when I saw it (that's not good or bad).
Unfortunately for me reading your words made me realize I feel the same about Forrest Green. The pictures that I like best are all with a lot of light.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Unfortunately for me reading your words made me realize I feel the same about Forrest Green. The pictures that I like best are all with a lot of light.
You know what did it for me? I like it every time they shoot it in snow, and the one pick where it's in the woods in the sunlight. The color seems to get lost really quickly when it's off angle and/or not in a lot of light. There's at least one picture of it on the road where I confused it with the black for a moment. Half the time I can't tell the difference between it and El Cap without really focusing.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
You know what did it for me? I like it every time they shoot it in snow, and the one pick where it's in the woods in the sunlight. The color seems to get lost really quickly when it's off angle and/or not in a lot of light. There's at least one picture of it on the road where I confused it with the black for a moment. Half the time I can't tell the difference between it and El Cap without really focusing.

There was a picture posted to the subreddit a while ago. An R1T on the highway, it was a terrible picture but with crappy lighting it looked black even though everyone insisted it was FG. Hopefully you get yours soon and can post some pictures.

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
Here's a picture of FG from the First Mile Event in Normal. It was early morning on a sunny day, so you can see the contrast between the front section in the sun and the side in shade, which looks darker. There is a lot of flake in FG.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T spotted in South Seattle today! (photos, videos, impressions) 1646487076655

idea man

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E250 Bluetec, Sprinter, Passat, F-250, R1250 GSA
Occupation
Project Manager
I have yet to sit in one. You mentioned it was easy to get into. Once there, what is the legroom like. If you don’t mind sharing, how tall ar you? Thanks for the pics.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sevengroove

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
That’s good insight. I think making a final color choice is going to take multiple viewings in multiple conditions, especially overcast/low light.
i have yet to sit in one. you mentioned it was easy to get into. Once there, what is the legroom like. If you don’t mind sharing, how tall ar you? Thanks for the picks.
I’m 5’11” and I felt like the legroom was fine. The seat was already in a position that seemed comfortable for me, and visibility was really good. I didn’t touch anything inside and try to adjust things because I didn’t want to push their grace … I literally accosted these guys on the side of the road and they were kind enough to let me poke around. I wasn’t as thorough as I would’ve been if it were my own mobile test drive or at an event or something. Hope that helps!
Sponsored