Sponsored

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
I asked about individual tire pressure display and was shown this in the manual.
1636847720174.jpeg
Hmm. Do I read that correctly and it doesn't display pressure per tire, but instead it's just a warning light in case one of the tires has low pressure?
Sponsored

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Hmm. Do I read that correctly and it doesn't display pressure per tire, but instead it's just a warning light in case one of the tires has low pressure?
It's a little confusing since it also states "individual tire display".

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
It's a little confusing since it also states "individual tire display".
You're right. It's probably individual tire pressure display plus the warning light. It would be strange if it didn't display tire pressure.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
You're right. It's probably individual tire pressure display plus the warning light. It would be strange if it didn't display tire pressure.
FWIW my car doesn’t display individual tire pressures. But it does report pressure and temp over OBDII.
So it could tell you but doesn’t.

Rivian is likely the same. it says in the first paragraph of the TPMS page that it has individual display of tire pressures.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
-Key Fob is now "Active" only. This means you need to physically removed the fob from your pocket and press the "unlock" button to in order to enter. Seems really strange that they made this change since almost all fobs are passive these days.
that sucks. I wonder if this was a supply chain decision.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Latest version of the R1T Owner's Manual has been uploaded.
Latest R1T Manual

Biggest changes I notice on quick glance:
-Key Fob is now "Active" only. This means you need to physically remove the fob from your pocket and press the "unlock" button to in order to enter. Seems really strange that they made this change since almost all fobs are passive these days.
-Instructions on how to reset the screens if they lock up
-Instructions on how to reset the entire vehicle, if needed

There's probably more, but that's what jumped out at me.
The Key Fob has been indicated as only "active" since the original manual version. Here is a summary of the changes since the October version:

New:
  • New “Vehicle Hold” section added (page 77)
  • New warnings for Forward Collision Warning, Automatic Emergency Braking, and Dynamic Brake Support (so the system may warn/+brake for a road sign/overhead pass but may not for a motorcycle?):
    • “The brake pedal moves downward when AEB engages. Ensure that the brake pedal isn’t obstructed in any way for AEB to function.”
    • “FCW and AEB may unexpectedly alert the driver and/or activate braking as a response to certain traffic conditions such as road debris, traffic signs, overhead passes, guard rails, bridges, tunnels, metal plates on the road and other non-moving objects. In these scenarios, if it is safe to do so, the driver can override AEB by pressing the accelerator pedal firmly.”
    • “Keep the windshield, headlamps, front camera, and front radar in good condition and clean from debris. AEB may not detect people or cars ahead if the front camera or front radar sensors are blocked or malfunctioning.”
    • “FCB and AEB may not work or function as expected in certain environments and driving situations including the following:”
      • “Abrupt cut-ins”
      • “Driving too close to the vehicle in front”
      • “Turning vehicles ahead:
      • “Narrow vehicles such as motorcycles or bicycles”
      • “Low visibility conditions such as nighttime, heavy fog, snow, or rain”
      • “Unpaved roads, high curvature roads, and off-road terrain”
      • “Steep grades and rapid grade changes”
  • New section for Dynamic Brake Support.
  • Added the following note in regard to headlights:
    • “The right and left headlights are aimed in an asymmetrical pattern. This improves visibility while driving at night and minimizes the amount of light directed at oncoming drivers.” If you notice reduced visibility, contact Rivian. The headlights are not user-serviceable.”
  • Some additional details about regenerative braking:
    • “The brake lights automatically illuminate during regenerative braking to warn other drivers that the vehicle is slowing down.”
    • “If the battery is cold or fully charged, regenerative braking may be reduced temporarily. Press the brake pedal to stop the vehicle.”
  • “Stop Lamps” added to list of lighting malfunction warnings.
Removed:
  • Removed paragraph explaining how seat belt pretensioners function during an accident.
Changed:
  • Introduced a typo of a repeated sentence on page 18…
  • The wording for the USB-C ports within the storage bin previously simply said it could read data, but now says “ and store data, such as security footage from the Gear Guard.”
  • “Forward Collision Warning (FCW)” was changed to “Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)”
  • Clearer wording in Blind Spot Warning and Lane Keeping Assist sections
  • Improved icons for blind spot, lane keeping assist, and collision warning malfunction (page 85-86)
  • System reset:
    • Button hold changed from 10 seconds to 15
    • Added indication that vehicle should not be plugged in
    • Included an indication that the displays will go dark for about a minute during reset

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
“If the battery is cold or fully charged, regenerative braking may be reduced temporarily. Press the brake pedal to stop the vehicle.”
what a world we live in.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
that sucks. I wonder if this was a supply chain decision.
Maybe that's not what they really meant when talking about active or passive. With regard to active and passive RFID:
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T OWNERS MANUAL Guide  is here! ? 1638391809128

Active is what we would expect from a battery-powered fob.

Last edited:

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe that's not what they really meant when talking about active or passive. With regard to active and passive RFID:
1638391809128.png

Active is what we would expect from a battery-powered fob.
Based on my conversations with CS, the only passive entry method (as in, doesn't have to be removed from your pocket and held up to the door or have a button pressed) is phone as a key. The bracelet and key card must be held up to the door handle, and the fob must have the button pushed to unlock.

It is disappointing, but I will probably use my phone as a key most of the time anyway.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Based on my conversations with CS, the only passive entry method (as in, doesn't have to be removed from your pocket and held up to the door or have a button pressed) is phone as a key. The bracelet and key card must be held up to the door handle, and the fob must have the button pushed to unlock.

It is disappointing, but I will probably use my phone as a key most of the time anyway.
btw, at least one owner has said the PAAK is basically non-functional.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
btw, at least one owner has said the PAAK is basically non-functional.
Well there goes that idea. It could all be different by the time of my delivery though (Oct 2021 Max Pack pre-order). Though I must say I'm not putting faith in OTA updates to fix every short coming like it seems is the common response.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
If I'm understanding, the debate is between:
  1. You must press a button on the fob itself to unlock the car
  2. The car detects the fob's proximity and unlocks the car automatically with zero input
What about the third option, where the driver presses a button on the door handle with the fob in close proximity? That's how all of my vehicles for the past decade have functioned.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
If I'm understanding, the debate is between:
  1. You must press a button on the fob itself to unlock the car
  2. The car detects the fob's proximity and unlocks the car automatically with zero input
What about the third option, where the driver presses a button on the door handle with the fob in close proximity? That's how all of my vehicles for the past decade have functioned.
Same for me, but there aren't any buttons on these doors.

I am more interested in it auto-locking as you walk away. That is how our Volt is, and I have become very used to never having to get the fob out of my pocket. Our Atlas you have to tap a spot on the handle to lock. I forget it a lot, and when I remember it seems to only work about half the time anyway, so I have to get the fob out of my pocket anyway.
Sponsored