Sponsored

roth_nj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
mechanical engineer
any idea what the weight limitations are on the tail gate?
Sponsored

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
Source?
This is unlikely and would be a first for any manufacturer.

Edit: Saw this answered later with "CS". This is one of the times I think someone strayed from the script and got it wrong.
This was just confirmed with one of the new reviews. Mix of all the modes

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
He said the epa estimate was made based on a mix good and bad moods ?. It was the review that had Beast on the front
Ben noted the same basically.

Sponsored

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
I think my favorite review so far was the one by what’s Inside? Family. Great footage

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a question about the GVWR. The manual states the GVWR is 8,532 lbs. Is this for both the Large and Max Pack? It's possible that the Max Pack will weigh up to 400lbs more than the Large Pack. That's a big hit to the payload capacity. Does anyone know if the GVWR is increased for the Max Pack version?​

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I have a question about the GVWR. The manual states the GVWR is 8,532 lbs. Is this for both the Large and Max Pack? It's possible that the Max Pack will weigh up to 400lbs more than the Large Pack. That's a big hit to the payload capacity. Does anyone know if the GVWR is increased for the Max Pack version?​
The max pack version doesn’t exist right now so there’s really no way for anybody to answer that.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Can you or should you? Insulate away but unless you can be more specific about your drain plug idea I imagine your going to be doing a lot of unrepairable damage (and perhaps electrocuting yourself) along the way as I am pretty sure going down will lead you to the battery pack. Their is reportedly already a drain plug in the space where the spare tire resides.
I'm thinking under the seat cooler for ice and drinks ;-)

Amdolan

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango
The max pack version doesn’t exist right now so there’s really no way for anybody to answer that.
I would guess GVWR is the same since it is the combined maximum weight of the vehicle and any payload (people, gear, etc). It is usually limited by suspension capacity and thus battery configuration wouldn’t have an affect on GVWR. most likely, the max pack will likely have the same GVWR, but since it has a higher curb weight due to additional batteries, will likely have a lower payload.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I feel like the biggest disappointment is that the seat adjustment is locked at speed. Why?
I think it's just a simple safety issue. I was adjusting my seat one day while driving and the switch stuck on, moving all the way back to where I could only reach the wheel with my fingertips. Of course when I tried to lean forward quickly the seatbelt locked. Grrr.

I find this interesting too. I dont move my seat in the city. I may adjust it a hair on a long highway trip just for a slight change/additional comfort. So either the rivian seats are so perfect or this is a strange choice.

This is an interesting item, wonder if I'd remember it in an emergency?

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T OWNERS MANUAL Guide  is here! ? 1632920259895

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I think it's just a simple safety issue. I was adjusting my seat one day while driving and the switch stuck on, moving all the way back to where I could only reach the wheel with my fingertips. Of course when I tried to lean forward quickly the seatbelt locked. Grrr.
I wonder if the manual is simply worded awkwardly. For example, it's common for vehicles to have "one touch" seat memory. Push the button once, and everything moves to a preset position. However, when I'm driving, I have to HOLD the button for however long it takes for everything to adjust. If I lift off of the button, then the movement stops.

I'm hoping that's all it is... Because it's not uncommon for me to need to make small tweaks to position if I'm on a road trip, or when driving home from a strenuous workout.
Sponsored