First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Maximum Operating Altitude for the portable charger of 14,108ft is a bit comical...and probably an easter egg in a way if anything. Feel free to charge up at Pike's Peak...but you won't get much regen on the way down if you fill up ;)

If any limitation due to altitude it I would guess it be related to thermal capacity of the air which would depend on density altitude which could vary drastically with temperature and humidity/pressure to a lesser extent.
Pikes Peak...Mauna Kea... Mount Rainier Phew, ok we're good. ??‍♂
Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Maximum Operating Altitude for the portable charger of 14,108ft is a bit comical...and probably an easter egg in a way if anything. Feel free to charge up at Pike's Peak...but you won't get much regen on the way down if you fill up ;)

If any limitation due to altitude it I would guess it be related to thermal capacity of the air which would depend on density altitude which could vary drastically with temperature and humidity/pressure to a lesser extent.
That's just 4300 meters,

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
The only thing that will make it more real is seeing one of your ugly mugs inside the truck posted on this forum. ?
Yes but from a front quarter view showing temp tags!

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
The lack of an infotainment user guide is interesting to say the least.

Edit: I do see references to the display and settings in text in the main owner's manual, but no illustrations per se. Leads me to believe they are still finalizing and tweaking the software.
Every car I’ve had in the last decade has a separate book for that.

ruawahoo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade and CX-5
Noticed a Sport Launch mode. Curious how that works. Really important at stop Lights.?
Looks like seats are just vented and not cooled.
Getting anxious!
Well, this could explain yesterday’s accident if the driver didn’t give itself enough runway…

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I talked to CS this evening, they confirmed a key fob, key card, and wristband all are included, which is a nice surprise.

and the AC outlets are all on one 15a circuit. A less nice surprise.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Yes, that's what I meant...didn't come out right
Hey, it came out just fine!

I did get it, but also it worth noting The Third Needle, a peak in California - is also listed at 14,108.

I suspect you are right that the reference is to Pikes Peak, but it's all interesting

Silver9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19' CX-5 D, 16' Mazda3, 07 S2000
That's just 4300 meters,
Yes of course, but considering Pike's Peak is surveyed to be 14,115ft tall, and one of the few mountains where you can actually drive up to that altitude; there is probably an outlet up there at 14,108ft. They're saying hey, you can use that in a Rivian! I found it to be a fun thing that Rivian threw in there. Fun because I'm not sure what substantial difference lower air pressure would have on charging limitations?

Outside of cooling limitations (probably negligible at that slow charge rate) what else might matter due to thinner air? But then, without considering temperature limitations at the same altitude I imagine the limitation is more a joke and the meters equivalent a coincidence? Standard temperature at that altitude is only about 9* F, so even at 32* the density altitude would be over 15,600 ft. Would the charger no longer be useable now that the air was above standard temp? What if it was 70*up there (density over 18k ft)...hotter than it has ever been and they were only assuming it wouldn't reach more than 5* hotter than it has ever been there, can't use the the charger?

Sorry, never intended to get into the science of WHY I thought it was funny.

Hey, it came out just fine!

I did get it, but also it worth noting The Third Needle, a peak in California - is also listed at 14,108.

I suspect you are right that the reference is to Pikes Peak, but it's all interesting
That is interesting...they're looking forward to getting us all outside more

Sponsored

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
I can’t swallow the key fob battery? What world are we living in!?

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Just in case you were curious where the tires are… (excited to read through - this just cracked me up for some reason)

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T OWNERS MANUAL Guide  is here! ? 73B88E52-1BEF-4457-A97C-E0E29669AE1B

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Just in case you were curious where the tires are… (excited to read through - this just cracked me up for some reason)

73B88E52-1BEF-4457-A97C-E0E29669AE1B.jpeg
Its about time they released information on that. Figures they wait until the week before the last possible delivery date. At least if anyone gets their R1T this month, they won't have to go searching for the tires.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S