Autolycus

Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
  • Snow traction device section added to page 151 including indication that you shouldn’t use chains/cables on the 20” tires, but “textile-based” devices can be used
First, thanks for the change log!

Second, is this normal for AT tires? I am fortunate to live in a mostly fair-weather area -- this weekend, we're expecting 1-3" of snow and I will not be on the road at all because it'll be a nightmare.

crashmtb

Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
First, thanks for the change log!

Second, is this normal for AT tires? I am fortunate to live in a mostly fair-weather area -- this weekend, we're expecting 1-3" of snow and I will not be on the road at all because it'll be a nightmare.
It is likely a clearance issue. Chains or other such devices are only required for passenger vehicles in places with antiquated winter tire rules 😬

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It is likely a clearance issue. Chains or other such devices are only required for passenger vehicles in places with antiquated winter tire rules 😬
meaning they don't have winter tire rules? lol

thrill

First Name
billy
Reaction score
First Name
billy
Vehicles
i3s, z4m, hp4, (r1t)
Hmm, long ago they would be required to transit Cajon pass in SoCal when it was icy.

crashmtb

Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Last edited:
Advertisement

Advertisement