bowhunter

Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre-order
They added an updated version of the manual labelled "September 29".

Other than some minor changes, the notable differences I saw were:

• Dropped the comedic reference to note a “Tire” on the exterior diagram.
  • Dropped the note restricting power seat adjustment to under 5 km/h.
  • New Note: Automatic seat and steering wheel adjustments aren’t available when the vehicle isn’t in Park.
  • New Note: Press any steering wheel control button to stop automatic adjustments in progress.
  • New Note: The electronic park brake is only on the rear wheels. There is an increased risk of rolling when replacing a rear tire.
  • Some refinement on jumpstarting:
    • If using a tow truck to jump start, the tow truck needs to be running until the Rivian vehicle powers up.
    • If using a jump box, it needs to maintain a steady voltage of 12.5 V at 15 A (30 A peak)

koersontap

Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry
  • New Note: The electronic park brake is only on the rear wheels. There is an increased risk of rolling when replacing a rear tire.
So, do we need to chock the wheels when changing a rear one then???

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jeep Grand Cherokee; (LE - R1S)
Occupation
IT
Thank jeebus. Not sure if it was a mistake, or if they changed course on that limitation But good news, nonetheless!
I think you missed this part, adjustments are only available in park....
  • New Note: Automatic seat and steering wheel adjustments aren’t available when the vehicle isn’t in Park.

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
I think you missed this part, adjustments are only available in park....
I read that as being different.

For example, my vehicle lets me do one-touch adjustments if I'm not driving. Push the memory button once and the servos do their thing until they get to the right position. If I'm driving I can still make adjustments and even change memory positions, but I have to HOLD the button until it gets where I want it. The "automatic" portion is disabled while driving.

Craigins

Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM Rebel 1500, Prius c 3
Occupation
Software engineer
I read that as being different.

For example, my vehicle lets me do one-touch adjustments if I'm not driving. Push the memory button once and the servos do their thing until they get to the right position. If I'm driving I can still make adjustments and even change memory positions, but I have to HOLD the button until it gets where I want it. The "automatic" portion is disabled while driving.
So my drive coach at the first mile event related a story to me. When you first get in, they make sure you have the seat adjusted properly, you can reach the steering wheel with your back up against the seat and feet can reach the pedals.

Apparently one person did the test drive and liked to sit forward on the seat, not up against the back. Then when they did the 0-60 they were thrown back against the seat and couldn't reach the wheel or pedals.

My guess is to prevent something similar while driving, inadvertent changing of the seat position that would prevent access to the wheel/pedals. Think if something falls down the side and jams against the buttons. I can't say I've tried this with my Ram.

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
My guess is to prevent something similar while driving, inadvertent changing of the seat position that would prevent access to the wheel/pedals. Think if something falls down the side and jams against the buttons. I can't say I've tried this with my Ram.
A solution for a problem that doesn't exist, imo.

Advertisement

Advertisement