Rivian R1T NEW Fully Electric Truck | Ceramic Coating, Window Tint, And PPF

camaroz1985

Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Suburban, Atlas
Occupation
Engineer
As much as I never considered it on other cars, I think I would want to do PPF on at least the front clip, like was done here.

Inkedsphynx

Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Defender 90, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I really like the vinyl blackout of the silver pieces. I may do that on mine, though I'd be very concerned that the front skid plate wrap would just get torn to shreds, since I do intend to offroad with mine. Maybe best to leave that one unwrapped rather than have to have it redone probably yearly?

I like the window tint too - I may consider that as well, though sun isn't usually much of a problem here in the NW.

I also would love to know what the total cost was on that project. I've not gone through that process with a vehicle previously but I'm sure it'll be totally worth it for the R1T, again, given that I intend to take mine offroad quite frequently.

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
Taycan,Kona,MB Past cars Golf,Etron,FiatE,TeslaS
Occupation
Executive
Don't know how much they charge but since its one of the first R1Ts and gets them great exposure Im sure the owner got a sweet deal... but here in CA paint correction, window tint, ceramic, PPF would be around 5-6k

FutureTruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon 4XE / R1T Pre-Order
Not sure I'd pay the $$$$ for all of that, but the black out vinyl on the silver pieces along with the front tint looks great....well done.

I'd definitely like to get the front fascia and hood PPF'd, hopefully there will be some DIY kits by the time I get my R1T.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Scooter
Occupation
Riviot
I did the math from the estimates on their website. Looks like about $6K give or take for the treatment.

Inkedsphynx

Reaction score
Vehicles
That's not bad. I'd totally drop 6k given that I'm priced over 80k atm on my R1T. Will definitely pay resale dividends if it protects from some of the scratches I've put on my Defender (only the front is PPF'd and I've definitely put branch marks along the sides).

camaroz1985

Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Suburban, Atlas
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure I'd pay the $$$$ for all of that, but the black out vinyl on the silver pieces along with the front tint looks great....well done.

I'd definitely like to get the front fascia and hood PPF'd, hopefully there will be some DIY kits by the time I get my R1T.
Looks like there are some DIY kits on ebay already. I would probably try that too if people are having good luck with it by the time I get mine.

Inkedsphynx

Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm not sure I could stomach DIY'ing anything on an 80k+ vehicle... but to each their own :)

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
I'll be having it done to mine.

I would not really advise doing it on your own (especially if you are doing the full rig). Doing the tucking and such can be tricky to say the least.

Advertisement

Advertisement