GEON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Technology Executive
Hello,

Rivian called today and informed me I could change my Max Pack order (11/27/18) to a Large Pack Adventure trim and get 2022 delivery, but would have to wait 2 weeks to hear back when I could expect delivery in 2022.

They also told me that "if" delivery was Q4 2022 (not happy), I could hang on for a Q1 2023 Max Pack delivery.

So... Still waiting.

Hope this helps.
I emailed them with the same question. They said that changing to a large pack WOULD NOT CHANGE my 2023 delivery. Maybe they don't like green.
Sponsored

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
At this rate, gonna be a photo finish with other EVs.

OP
OP
ja_kub_sz

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
I emailed them with the same question. They said that changing to a large pack WOULD NOT CHANGE my 2023 delivery. Maybe they don't like green.
When was you order date?

Mine was 2018... If you were a 2020 or later it probably won't.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Sounds like if you're converting your order, you get put at the back of the (large pack) queue? Pretty unfair for those that have been waiting since 2018 to get orders delivered later than a 2020 order made when the Launch Edition window was open. I wonder how many max pack order holders would have picked the Launch Edition if they had known that they are being pushed back to 2023? Doesn't matter to me though, I'm sticking with my max pack. Sure would be good PR if Rivian did something to make it up to the screwed over early (and still loyal?) customers...
I'm a Dec. 2018 deposit...stuck with an ordered the Max pack, so passed on the LE. I've asked as I have switched to the Large pack, could I at least get the free wheel upgrade...short answer, NO. Also, I was given Q4 2022. At this point, I have very little confidence in the timing of the Max pack.

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

Sounds like if you're converting your order, you get put at the back of the (large pack) queue? Pretty unfair for those that have been waiting since 2018 to get orders delivered later than a 2020 order made when the Launch Edition window was open. I wonder how many max pack order holders would have picked the Launch Edition if they had known that they are being pushed back to 2023? Doesn't matter to me though, I'm sticking with my max pack. Sure would be good PR if Rivian did something to make it up to the screwed over early (and still loyal?) customers...
Might not be the back of the Large pack queue but more than likely after launch editions

Sponsored

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

I'm one of those screwed over people. I talked to CS last week about moving from a Max Pack to Launch Edition. She said 'no'. I then said at least offer me the free wheel upgrade. She's supposed to be getting back to me on that. I feel it's the least they can do. They should also move our delivery date as if we're Launch Edition holders.

I was the biggest Rivian advocate until this sudden max pack delay happened. Now I have a Silverado deposit and am thinking about dumping my RIVN shares. Still love the R1 designs and still want the truck, I just feel like the dicking around might never end.
At this point in time if i were you i'd just wait and see who calls you first on a delivery, you dont really lose much, deposit is still refundable till the day they call you to confirm. I Only say this because you never know what could happen with GM, if they have more issue with Ultium or something comes up, the last thing you want is to cancel then you end up getting some crazy delay from GM and you end up waiting longer than rivian would have taken. One of my customers was a early Jan window for the hummer, I asked him if he got it yet and turns out his Jan window turned into end of Feb start of Mar.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
The whole launch edition thing is stupid anyways. It's an adventure package with an extra decal. I'm bitter others are getting free wheel upgrades and priority delivery.
It's really not. It's a special, badged edition that will have more value than a standard production even if they're tricked out with the same options. To many it's a prestige/honor/insertWordOfChoiceHere that some will go out of their way to have. It is also a double edged sword as one gets to inherit the problems typical of very first production models and all the "1st step mistakes" that come with it.

As tempted as I was to get a Launch Edition, I'm waiting it out for 2nd gen models. By that time Rivian will have discovered and addressed what "ooops" they missed with all the first gen ones. That being said, I salute all of you for taking the huge risk and going to face all the 1st release issues we'll likely see.

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
It's really not. It's a special, badged edition that will have more value than a standard production even if they're tricked out with the same options. To many it's a prestige/honor/insertWordOfChoiceHere that some will go out of their way to have. It is also a double edged sword as one gets to inherit the problems typical of very first production models and all the "1st step mistakes" that come with it.

As tempted as I was to get a Launch Edition, I'm waiting it out for 2nd gen models. By that time Rivian will have discovered and addressed what "ooops" they missed with all the first gen ones. That being said, I salute all of you for taking the huge risk and going to face all the 1st release issues we'll likely see.
In other words, it's and Adventure Package with some extra badging, free wheel upgrades and prioritized delivery :)

I passed on it for the same reason (and the Max Pack) but I'm glad there are so many others eager to beta test and help the company work out the kinks on the early production models. I just know I'd be pissed off to have dropped $90k and still be doing that.

OP
OP
ja_kub_sz

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
It's not any better with dealerships. I was already told by my dealership that there will be a market adjustment for the Silverado so the dicking around does not end.
Wow! Yup another reason why the big three need to RIP.

Dealerships vs direct sales is probably one of my top five reasons for getting a Rivian.

Dealers are just horrendous and do little to nothing, other then make buying a car a nightmare.

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
Just received a call from CS on this topic. Got the same message about changing to a Large Pack to get my R1T in 22. Asked if I changed and I did not like the new delivery date can I change back and keep my original first half of 23 delivery for the Max Pack... short answer was "couldn't guarantee I would keep my place in line". CS did say that I had until Jan 31 to decide and update my configuration. They also said the new delivery window estimate feature that will be on our account pages will *not* be updated in real-time. They will refresh periodically. At this point I'm pretty set on getting the Max Pack.

Sponsored

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
I'm one of those screwed over people. I talked to CS last week about moving from a Max Pack to Launch Edition. She said 'no'. I then said at least offer me the free wheel upgrade. She's supposed to be getting back to me on that. I feel it's the least they can do. They should also move our delivery date as if we're Launch Edition holders.

I was the biggest Rivian advocate until this sudden max pack delay happened. Now I have a Silverado deposit and am thinking about dumping my RIVN shares. Still love the R1 designs and still want the truck, I just feel like the dicking around might never end.
Ask me how I feel about the way GM handled the battery recall on my 2018 Bolt EV.
thats my concern for not choosing anything with a Bow tie and ev flavored.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Everyone's delivery dates are pushing soon anyway. Omicron is making all workplaces across all departments from supply chain to end user a nightmare over the next 3 weeks.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Just received a call from CS on this topic. Got the same message about changing to a Large Pack to get my R1T in 22. Asked if I changed and I did not like the new delivery date can I change back and keep my original first half of 23 delivery for the Max Pack... short answer was "couldn't guarantee I would keep my place in line". CS did say that I had until Jan 31 to decide and update my configuration. They also said the new delivery window estimate feature that will be on our account pages will *not* be updated in real-time. They will refresh periodically. At this point I'm pretty set on getting the Max Pack.
I'm assuming the delivery window will be more like what is currently on the Tesla order site, where it tells you a rough month or "2-6 weeks for delivery" in the case of the plaid.

It sucks that there doesn't seem to be much of a push to make up for the extra delay aside from "might be earlier, but can't guarantee"

And the coolest part, if the Max Pack doesn't deliver until after initial Adventure Large's do, then if people swap over from max to large, say 10 of 20% (roughly 5000 vehicles) what kind of time does that add to initial max pack deliveries? 3-4 months? So First half '23 becomes second half, and so on. :headbang:

I'll just go back to my usual

Wait, and bitch! Wait and bitch and wait. Wait Wait Wait, Bitch Bitch Bitch.

SEARivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - El Cap Granite, 20"AT Black
I am a little surprised at the negativity towards max pack holders who are upset. At the time of Launch Edition, Rivian was still saying max pack starting January 2022. That alone should be reason to have a little sympathy. Yes deliveries were starting to get delayed, but that should have been the case for everything.

What Rivian ended up doing is literally changing their delivery schedule after everyone's ordering window. Let's assume for a minute they aren't having issues developing the max pack. They promised January 2022 max pack deliveries when people had a choice to opt in to launch edition, or presumably at the same time the delivery windows were being prepped for even non launch edition holders.

Then they come out and decide they are going to voluntarily punt all max pack deliveries an entire year after they promised max pack holders would start delivery 3-4 months after all other deliveries. And as others are starting to reveal, your alternative option is to take a smaller battery by Q4 2022. So at least 9 months after you were initially promsied a vehicle.

I fail to see how people think all us max pack holders should just get over it and that we "knew the risk". What really happened is Rivian truly changed their delivery timeline on us after it was too late to consider our options. Really didn't even think we needed to consider other options. This isn't even an issue about Launch Edition either to me. Non launch editions are going to be delievered well before max packs and as far as I can tell, if I switch to a non launch edition 135kwh battery, I'm going to take delivery well behind other non launch edition deposit holders who placed deposits a year or more after me because their window has now already been set too.

What they should have done is contacted max pack holders first before announcing any delivery windows and asked if you wanted to switch in order to get it in 2022 and then sent out delivery windows. That way 2018/19 reservation holders would have gotten probably early 2022 delivery slots alongside launch editions.

Or am I missing something?
Sponsored