Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I just feel like the dicking around might never end.
Ask me how I feel about the way GM handled the battery recall on my 2018 Bolt EV.
Sponsored

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I don't ever recall seeing anything that said that Adventure trims would ship 'a little after LE started'. I believe the guidance was always that adventure trims wouldn't ship until after LE orders were completed. That was always the expectation I operated under. Do you have a clear source you can quote that indicates otherwise?

If you take the 'started' out of your statement, then I fail to see how Q42022 or Q32023 isn't 'a few months' after LE's, given that my LE delivery is May-June, and I'm not at the tail end of the deliveries (though close).

None of this changes the fact that we both had the same information and made different decisions based on that information. Things change. If they had said there was an issue and they couldn't ship LEs but could ship Max packs, and I wanted to change mine to a max pack, would you be okay with me being in front of you in line even though my order date is after yours, simply because I'd selected LE?

If so, you're more magnanimous than I am.
These things were told directly to me by customer service reps. The reasoning was some people are ordering Launch Editions outside of their initial service areas and they were likely going to get kicked back a few spots in line while people like me in major metro areas would get Adventure packages sooner. I was also told Max Pack was only a couple months behind Large Pack. (However, reading between the lines I believe they've known there would be delays for awhile. I kept getting push back by CS people saying I don't need the extra range and should switch my configuration)

The whole launch edition thing is stupid anyways. It's an adventure package with an extra decal. I'm bitter others are getting free wheel upgrades and priority delivery. I understand I decided to give that up, but that was based on bad information fed to me directly from Rivian. They need to own up to it and reset the priority list.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

These things were told directly to me by customer service reps. The reasoning was some people are ordering Launch Editions outside of their initial service areas and they were likely going to get kicked back a few spots in line while people like me in major metro areas would get Adventure packages sooner. I was also told Max Pack was only a couple months behind Large Pack. (However, reading between the lines I believe they've known there would be delays for awhile. I kept getting push back by CS people saying I don't need the extra range and should switch my configuration)

The whole launch edition thing is stupid anyways. It's an adventure package with an extra decal. I'm bitter others are getting free wheel upgrades and priority delivery. I understand I decided to give that up, but that was based on bad information fed to me directly from Rivian. They need to own up to it and reset the priority list.
This. Originally delivery order was strongly affected by geography. Mainly vacinity to a service center. With the production delays, service centers are further along, and that is less of a determing factor.

Go back to the may/june posts and everyone complaining they weren't following order number.

OP
OP
ja_kub_sz

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Question for you, Did they offer any incentive to get you to switch, aside from getting the large pack late this year?
I didn't unload on them and try to shake them down for anything.

The meanest ugliest version of myself I save for internet forums. ?

They give me good news about when I can get a large pack R1T (before June 2022) and all is forgiven.

And if they don't, I'll then channel my internet rage.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ja_kub_sz

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm bitter others are getting free wheel upgrades and priority delivery. I understand I decided to give that up, but that was based on bad information fed to me directly from Rivian. They need to own up to it and reset the priority list.
Who is? Free? Priority? You gave that up?

Please tell me more about this.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
At the end of the day, I still fail to see how this should result in me I getting penalized for your poor choice. No, they shouldn't reset the priority list. People like me who specifically opted for an LE because it would get the truck to us sooner are no more at fault than you are. Why should I suffer for your choices, regardless of what you think Rivian did or did not tell you (and again, you and I had access to the *SAME* information when we made our choices).

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
OP
OP
ja_kub_sz

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
At the end of the day, I still fail to see how this should result in me I getting penalized for your poor choice. No, they shouldn't reset the priority list. People like me who specifically opted for an LE because it would get the truck to us sooner are no more at fault than you are. Why should I suffer for your choices, regardless of what you think Rivian did or did not tell you (and again, you and I had access to the *SAME* information when we made our choices).
So would it be fair if people who ordered before you, but changed there order and took another LE reservation that someone backed out on got their EV before you?

I'm just asking.

I did tell CS I would be willing to do that, take an unfulfilled LE regardless of options and colors. But I'm not holding my breath on that.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

They should also move our delivery date as if we're Launch Edition holders.
So you're saying they shouldn't launch with adventure and not launch edition? ?

I agree that early orderers who passed on an LE because they wanted a max pack should be first in line for non-LE Large Pack vehicles.
Are they not already?

Y'all be confusing me today.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Are they not already?

Y'all be confusing me today.
No, people who are now switching from max pack to adventure trim are not going to get the very first post-LE models, if I’m understanding the thread correctly. They get some priority but IMO should probably get more.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Do I get the option to swap into that earlier LE reservation with priority over the max pack switcher? If so, then yes, I'm fine with it. If not, then no, it's still the same thing. That unfilled LE order should advance me one place in line, someone who is switching from max pack shouldn't get to jump that spot on me from a non-LE reservation. If anything, I think they should take that slot, throw it to the back of the line, then open it up for ANYONE based on pre-order date that does not currently have an LE to opt in/out of taking the slot.

So would it be fair if people who ordered before you, but changed there order and took another LE reservation that someone backed out on got their EV before you?

I'm just asking.

I did tell CS I would be willing to do that, take an unfulfilled LE regardless of options and colors. But I'm not holding my breath on that.

cmiller

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
Nurse
I'm one of those screwed over people. I talked to CS last week about moving from a Max Pack to Launch Edition. She said 'no'. I then said at least offer me the free wheel upgrade. She's supposed to be getting back to me on that. I feel it's the least they can do. They should also move our delivery date as if we're Launch Edition holders.

I was the biggest Rivian advocate until this sudden max pack delay happened. Now I have a Silverado deposit and am thinking about dumping my RIVN shares. Still love the R1 designs and still want the truck, I just feel like the dicking around might never end.
It's not any better with dealerships. I was already told by my dealership that there will be a market adjustment for the Silverado so the dicking around does not end.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
You shouldn't suffer because of my choices, you should suffer because Rivian botched the max pack rollout. We should all share in suffering.

GEON

First Name
GEON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Technology Executive
Sounds like if you're converting your order, you get put at the back of the (large pack) queue? Pretty unfair for those that have been waiting since 2018 to get orders delivered later than a 2020 order made when the Launch Edition window was open. I wonder how many max pack order holders would have picked the Launch Edition if they had known that they are being pushed back to 2023? Doesn't matter to me though, I'm sticking with my max pack. Sure would be good PR if Rivian did something to make it up to the screwed over early (and still loyal?) customers...
Exactly!
Sponsored