Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Hello,

Rivian called today and informed me I could change my Max Pack order (11/27/18) to a Large Pack Adventure trim and get 2022 delivery, but would have to wait 2 weeks to hear back when I could expect delivery in 2022.

They also told me that "if" delivery was Q4 2022 (not happy), I could hang on for a Q1 2023 Max Pack delivery.

So... Still waiting.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Is this for R1T or R1S?

OP
OP
ja_kub_sz

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Last edited:

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Sounds like if you're converting your order, you get put at the back of the (large pack) queue? Pretty unfair for those that have been waiting since 2018 to get orders delivered later than a 2020 order made when the Launch Edition window was open. I wonder how many max pack order holders would have picked the Launch Edition if they had known that they are being pushed back to 2023? Doesn't matter to me though, I'm sticking with my max pack. Sure would be good PR if Rivian did something to make it up to the screwed over early (and still loyal?) customers...

Sponsored

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Sounds like if you're converting your order, you get put at the back of the (large pack) queue? Pretty unfair for those that have been waiting since 2018 to get orders delivered later than a 2020 order made when the Launch Edition window was open. I wonder how many max pack order holders would have picked the Launch Edition if they had known that they are being pushed back to 2023? Doesn't matter to me though, I'm sticking with my max pack. Sure would be good PR if Rivian did something to make it up to the screwed over early (and still loyal?) customers...
I'm one of those screwed over people. I talked to CS last week about moving from a Max Pack to Launch Edition. She said 'no'. I then said at least offer me the free wheel upgrade. She's supposed to be getting back to me on that. I feel it's the least they can do. They should also move our delivery date as if we're Launch Edition holders.

I was the biggest Rivian advocate until this sudden max pack delay happened. Now I have a Silverado deposit and am thinking about dumping my RIVN shares. Still love the R1 designs and still want the truck, I just feel like the dicking around might never end.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I was the biggest Rivian advocate until this sudden max pack delay happened. Now I have a Silverado deposit and am thinking about dumping my RIVN shares. Still love the R1 designs and still want the truck, I just feel like the dicking around might never end.
I agree that early orderers who passed on an LE because they wanted a max pack should be first in line for non-LE Large Pack vehicles. And it would be very nice for Rivian to recognize the impact of their delays with a wheel upgrade or other accessory credit.

I am, however, curious about why you characterize the max pack delay as sudden. We never had anything approaching a real date for max pack deliveries to begin ("beginning January 2022" on rivian.com notwithstanding). It always seemed clear, particularly after they missed early external delivery dates and pushed out LE deliveries, that it wasn't coming soon. What makes you feel there was a sudden or drastic change? The announcement to me just confirmed the writing on the wall.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
I am, however, curious about why you characterize the max pack delay as sudden. We never had anything approaching a real date for max pack deliveries to begin ("beginning January 2022" on rivian.com notwithstanding). It always seemed clear, particularly after they missed early external delivery dates and pushed out LE deliveries, that it wasn't coming soon. What makes you feel there was a sudden or drastic change? The announcement to me just confirmed the writing on the wall.
Before the announcement, they were still saying 2022 for Max Pack, and CS would concur.

As of the instant the announcement went out, no Max Packs were ever going to deliver before 2023.

It's "sudden" in that the company line changed the instant the email went out.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Before the announcement, they were still saying 2022 for Max Pack, and CS would concur.

As of the instant the announcement went out, no Max Packs were ever going to deliver before 2023.

It's "sudden" in that the company line changed the instant the email went out.
So what is your definition of a non-sudden change?

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

So what is your definition of a non-sudden change?
If I'm driving down the road and approaching an intersection on the right and maybe I even signal it's not a sudden change when I actually do turn right. That's the equivalent of what happened here.

Show of hands: Who thought that Max Packs were going to deliver starting in January 2022? Nobody? Right.

Show of hands: How many were surprised that the date go pushed back? Nobody? Right.

Show of hands: How many are upset that it was pushed so far / deprioritized below all the other models? About 20% of y'all? Ok.

It should have not been a shock to anyone that these vehicles weren't going to get delivered starting in January 2022. If you were following along with any of the other timelines you shouldn't have been shocked that they pushed to 2023. Being upset by hearing the news I understand, being surprised by it I don't.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ja_kub_sz

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm one of those screwed over people. I talked to CS last week about moving from a Max Pack to Launch Edition. She said 'no'. I then said at least offer me the free wheel upgrade. She's supposed to be getting back to me on that. I feel it's the least they can do. They should also move our delivery date as if we're Launch Edition holders.

Yeah this whole first to last for the Max pack folks sucks.

You'd think they'd do something to make it up.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Hello,

Rivian called today and informed me I could change my Max Pack order (11/27/18) to a Large Pack Adventure trim and get 2022 delivery, but would have to wait 2 weeks to hear back when I could expect delivery in 2022.

They also told me that "if" delivery was Q4 2022 (not happy), I could hang on for a Q1 2023 Max Pack delivery.

So... Still waiting.

Hope this helps.
That does help.

I preordered in Seattle mid '19 but live and am taking delivery in Vancouver Canada. There was an issue with their site when they separated US/Canada preorders by region early '21 which messed with my preorder and as such didn't get a delivery window for my max pack. Reached out and they seem to have rectified the issue, but won't give me a delivery date until they launch the "delivery window" feature in our account page. They were super helpful figuring out their mistake, but it's a little irritating still having time frame to go by aside from a rough this guy got this, and that guy got that via this forum.

Question for you, Did they offer any incentive to get you to switch, aside from getting the large pack late this year?

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Max packs were always scheduled to be delivered after LE's. The idea that because you had an earlier pre-order, but made a different choice you now regret at the same time as I made my choice, with the same information, entitles you to be in front of me in the LE line if you were to switch... yea, no, sorry, that doesn't fly with me.

Sure, if they want to sort by pre-order date when you convert to a non-LE large pack, I think that's fine, since that option has been available to you all along. The option to get into an LE has not however. It opened for a limited time with limited capacity and you chose differently. I'm sorry that means you have to wait longer than you anticipated.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Max packs were always scheduled to be delivered after LE's. The idea that because you had an earlier pre-order, but made a different choice you now regret at the same time as I made my choice, with the same information, entitles you to be in front of me in the LE line if you were to switch... yea, no, sorry, that doesn't fly with me.

Sure, if they want to sort by pre-order date when you convert to a non-LE large pack, I think that's fine, since that option has been available to you all along. The option to get into an LE has not however. It opened for a limited time with limited capacity and you chose differently. I'm sorry that means you have to wait longer than you anticipated.
They told me that Adventure trims (max pack included) will start shipping a little after Launch Editions started, but would be mixed in after a couple of months. This was said while Launch Editions were still available to snag.

Then just a couple of months ago I got that same story from their people at the Sonoma first drive event.

This new timeline is a complete change from what I was told.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I don't ever recall seeing anything that said that Adventure trims would ship 'a little after LE started'. I believe the guidance was always that adventure trims wouldn't ship until after LE orders were completed. That was always the expectation I operated under. Do you have a clear source you can quote that indicates otherwise?

If you take the 'started' out of your statement, then I fail to see how Q42022 or Q32023 isn't 'a few months' after LE's, given that my LE delivery is May-June, and I'm not at the tail end of the deliveries (though close).

None of this changes the fact that we both had the same information and made different decisions based on that information. Things change. If they had said there was an issue and they couldn't ship LEs but could ship Max packs, and I wanted to change mine to a max pack, would you be okay with me being in front of you in line even though my order date is after yours, simply because I'd selected LE?

If so, you're more magnanimous than I am.
Sponsored