Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I'm curious what the front light bar looks like when on. When off, it just looks like misplaced black plastic trim instead of a lightbar. If it were either deeper piano black like the lower black trim piece or body color, it would look less offputting. Ironically, I think it would look better on the white one, since it wouldn't be yet a fourth dark gray color/texture up front, not matching any of the existing.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

I'm curious what the front light bar looks like when on. When off, it just looks like misplaced black plastic trim instead of a lightbar. If it were either deeper piano black like the lower black trim piece or body color, it would look less offputting. Ironically, I think it would look better on the white one, since it wouldn't be yet a fourth dark gray color/texture up front, not matching any of the existing.
There are photos of the tinted front light bar on in the first post. Here they are again.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T Get Tinted Tail Lights, Front Light Charging Status Bar + Window Tint ? d-tail-lights-and-charging-status-light-bar-10-

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T Get Tinted Tail Lights, Front Light Charging Status Bar + Window Tint ? ed-tail-lights-and-charging-status-light-bar-9-

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
I'm not mad at it, you do you...if you're feeling a Barbie or Princess Peach wrap with corresponding Giant Vinyl Head on the Hood have at it!

but can't not say something to the effect of "Definitely need to stand out now against all those other R1T'S out there" ?✌❤⚡??

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm more excited that the hood and charge door line up nicely. :cool: At least on the El Cap one.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Tinted lights look really bad.
I think the murdered out trend is over by the way.
On the plus side, we don’t need to all have the same taste. What’s the saying?Food and colors…

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Taste is something very unique to a person but I have never liked tinted lights on any car, period. I don't think this helps the Rivian in the looks department, but opinions are like.....

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Hard pass ... plus tinting the rear stop light portion is illegal as it impacts the brightness/visibility of the stop lights which must meet DOT standards. Because the front light bar is actually not the DRLs (those are the outer oval portion of the headlights), I do not believe that there are any restrictions on tinting, but I don't think that they look that great. Now, one possibility is a wrap on the center portion which has the RIVIAN text cut out ... that might be interesting!

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Maybe a smoke tint across the light bar, headlights and rear light bar. Something more subtle.

Doesn't look horrible, but doesn't look amazing either.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yeah, saw that as well. The white one is all jacked up.
When they tell me “We’re ready to deliver your Rivian” my response will immediately be “Hold on now there sir or madam…lemme see a pic of that them there hood and charge door alignment.” ?
Sponsored