Charon
Reaction score
First Name
Charon
Vehicles
BMW i3, Tesla Model S, Arcimoto FUV, Ford F-250
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
I'm curious what the front light bar looks like when on. When off, it just looks like misplaced black plastic trim instead of a lightbar. If it were either deeper piano black like the lower black trim piece or body color, it would look less offputting. Ironically, I think it would look better on the white one, since it wouldn't be yet a fourth dark gray color/texture up front, not matching any of the existing.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
I'm curious what the front light bar looks like when on. When off, it just looks like misplaced black plastic trim instead of a lightbar. If it were either deeper piano black like the lower black trim piece or body color, it would look less offputting. Ironically, I think it would look better on the white one, since it wouldn't be yet a fourth dark gray color/texture up front, not matching any of the existing.
There are photos of the tinted front light bar on in the first post. Here they are again.

d-tail-lights-and-charging-status-light-bar-10-jpg.jpg

ed-tail-lights-and-charging-status-light-bar-9-jpg.jpg

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
I'm not mad at it, you do you...if you're feeling a Barbie or Princess Peach wrap with corresponding Giant Vinyl Head on the Hood have at it!

but can't not say something to the effect of "Definitely need to stand out now against all those other R1T'S out there" 😉✌❤⚡🔋🛻

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Reaction score
First Name
Axel
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Tesla Model 3 Performance, Old Volvo
Tinted lights look really bad.
I think the murdered out trend is over by the way.
On the plus side, we don’t need to all have the same taste. What’s the saying?Food and colors…

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Taste is something very unique to a person but I have never liked tinted lights on any car, period. I don't think this helps the Rivian in the looks department, but opinions are like.....

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
I mean..."it's Tricky...Tinted windows don't mean nothin', they know who's inside."

Tim-in-CA

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Telluride, T-Bird, R1S on Preorder
Hard pass ... plus tinting the rear stop light portion is illegal as it impacts the brightness/visibility of the stop lights which must meet DOT standards. Because the front light bar is actually not the DRLs (those are the outer oval portion of the headlights), I do not believe that there are any restrictions on tinting, but I don't think that they look that great. Now, one possibility is a wrap on the center portion which has the RIVIAN text cut out ... that might be interesting!

ja_kub_sz

Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Maybe a smoke tint across the light bar, headlights and rear light bar. Something more subtle.

Doesn't look horrible, but doesn't look amazing either.

DaveA

First Name
David
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicles
2005 TSX, 2006 Rav4, 2021 4Runner
Yeah, saw that as well. The white one is all jacked up.
When they tell me “We’re ready to deliver your Rivian” my response will immediately be “Hold on now there sir or madam…lemme see a pic of that them there hood and charge door alignment.” 😆

Advertisement

Advertisement