Craigins

Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM Rebel 1500, Prius c 3
Occupation
Software engineer
I would be interested in water tanks that mounted on the shuttle!
I'm hoping someone makes an insertable cooler for the gear tunnel. Would be nice, have a removable ice pack that slides in. Trips to the grocery store up north can take like 30+ minutes and in the rare 80-90 degree heat, frozen/refrigerated foods don't last without a cooler.

OP
OP
RivianXpress

RivianXpress

Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Sprinter, Husky TE300 TPI, BMW R1250GSA
Occupation
Retired
I would be interested in water tanks that mounted on the shuttle!
I've reached out to a company that makes custom tanks and asked if they'd be interested. I'd envision a 1/2 length tank (15 G?) with an add on option of an electric water heater - think hot showers and water. I have the Isotherm Slim 4 Gallon in my sprinter with a 25 G water tank and it works great.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicles
Bolt EV, Volt
Occupation
Engineering
I've reached out to a company that makes custom tanks and asked if they'd be interested. I'd envision a 1/2 length tank (15 G?) with an add on option of an electric water heater - think hot showers and water. I have the Isotherm Slim 4 Gallon in my sprinter with a 25 G water tank and it works great.
I'm thinking about trying to fit one in the void space behind the battery between the frame rails on my LE. Would rather use the weather safe storage for actual useful stuff.

LoneStar

Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RAV4-Prime, future Rivian R1T or 'Lightning'
Occupation
Engineer
I'm hoping to see an aftermarket supplier sell a competitor to the shuttle that is cheaper while being better constructed. Some photos I've seen of the slides look cheesy and its seems taller than it needs to be.

thrill

First Name
billy
Reaction score
First Name
billy
Vehicles
i3s, z4m, hp4, (r1t)

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicles
Bolt EV, Volt
Occupation
Engineering
So, are you thinking each side of the orange cable at the back of the battery in this photo? How much space do you think is there?

https://images.rivian.com/2md5qhoea...76c4f/r1t_capability_platform_top_desktop.jpg
20-30 gallons easy. That's part of the area the max pack is going to use. Should be possible to build a tank with a 12V heating element to make it a 4 season tank.
Biggest problem will be having to drop the off-road protection plate to even get access to that area.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Of the videos posted in this series, this one was the least interesting to me. The reviewers talked about themselves more than what they were doing.

crashmtb

Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I'm hoping someone makes an insertable cooler for the gear tunnel. Would be nice, have a removable ice pack that slides in. Trips to the grocery store up north can take like 30+ minutes and in the rare 80-90 degree heat, frozen/refrigerated foods don't last without a cooler.
I’d rather a cooler in the front trunk. It’s a much more accessible space for it. For instance, you can get to it when parked in a standard parking spot with vehicles or other obstacles on the side.

At the off road expo when they were showing off the initial prototype of the camp kitchen, they mentioned having a custom fridge made for the front trunk. I‘d hold out for that.

I don’t know what “up north” is for you but for me it’s a couple hours to the nearest grocery store that doesn’t have Northern prices(like $15+ for a gallon of milk)

Advertisement

Advertisement