Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I have my delivery (R1S) scheduled at my house next week as well. Trying to find the middle ground between a Le Man rules committee teardown inspection and not noticing if there are tires on the vehicle before I get in.
Sponsored

Last edited:

911.1 Guy

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Dam Many
Occupation
Finance
I know what you are saying. How detailed do you really need to/ or can be?
I think my strategy will be to concentrate on the large mechanical details and the other things won't affect the driving experience that much for me.

I want the car to drive straight, have the wheels balanced and all the climate controls, heating/cooling and windows function properly. I'll check for dents and scratches, etc., and the rest I'll find later.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

im not sure what the issue it with folks saying its weird to do your own PDI at delivery. its a $90k vehicle, its a new company, and there's lots of examples of people finding all kinds of issues after the Rivian has already PDI and QA. especially when there is a known 3-4 month backlog to get into the SC for an appointment.

panel gaps dont concern me unless they will cause some sort of wear by being overly misaligned. i just want to confirm that all mechanical features function correctly and driving dynamics work correctly and safely. as an example, a window not being able to close fully might seem like a small thing but if it rains a lot where you live, its quickly becomes a huge deal.
Sponsored