First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
There was also a photo of the truck charging. It was 01 station in Ooltewah, TN. It's a 350 kW charger.
Interesting. Hadn't seen that. Thanks.
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
There was also a photo of the truck charging. It was 01 station in Ooltewah, TN. It's a 350 kW charger.
That station is on a pretty busy I-75 corridor just outside Chattanooga. Since that's a station I might theoretically need at some point in my life, I wish we saw better than ~101kW average charge rate there...

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
That station is on a pretty busy I-75 corridor just outside Chattanooga. Since that's a station I might theoretically need at some point in my life, I wish we saw better than ~101kW average charge rate there...
It seems that you're assuming there was an issue with the charger. For me much more likely scenario is that this was the max the R1T could charge in this specific case, including relatively high start and end SOC.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
It seems that you're assuming there was an issue with the charger. For me much more likely scenario is that this was the max the R1T could charge in this specific case, including relatively high start and end SOC.
I'm assuming nothing about the cause. I simply commented on being disappointed by the relatively slow charging exhibited by the combination of an R1T and that charging station. You're absolutely right that the SOC was high compared to the "ideal", but it was still <80% for most of the charging session. There are, of course, other variables that we don't know.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Start and End SOCs are both visible on the photo. It was 36% in 31 minutes starting at 49%
That's 0.7C consistent with what has been reported elsewhere and not unexpected since it was all done in the top half of the battery.

Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
You are quite welcome of course. Not everyone gets these concepts but it’s always nice to know that some do.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
I disagree with leaving less than 20% buffer. If a charger is broken you need enough range to make it to the next one.
I ran into 6 inoperable EA 350kW CCS Chargers this past weekend along my 440 miles, across 3 states, charging route; wasted a little over 1 hour just diagnosing, trying, switching, calling EA tech support, resetting the EA apps, etc. Also noticed the EA screens are virtually unreadable when the sun shines directly at it. Frustrating...

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I ran into 6 inoperable EA 350kW CCS Chargers this past weekend along my 440 miles, across 3 states, charging route; wasted a little over 1 hour just diagnosing, trying, switching, calling EA tech support, resetting the EA apps, etc. Also noticed the EA screens are virtually unreadable when the sun shines directly at it. Frustrating...
Yep. Didn't need to worry about this with my Tesla, but its certainly going to be in the back of my mind for my R1T. Going from Southern CA to Northern CA is pretty much the only big road trip I take each year, and the chargers are all EA.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I like 5 minutes from this EA station. I have gotten up to around 220kWh from the 350kWh chargers here.

This station is very popular, stays very busy with travelers plus the VW plant is one exit over and there are constantly ID.4s stopping for a charge (VW free 3yrs at EA). Before I got my wall charger installed, I have run into R1Ts from Florida, Maine and North Carolina that I recall. I have not had any charger issues with this station; I have not been able to try out preconditioning to see if higher rates are possible on a 350.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T charging curve test 20-80% [by TFL] 20220612_205802
Sponsored