Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Pretty nice bed wall module.

Sponsored

phantomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y, R1T
I just installed the Builtright Molly panels. The install instructions were clear and easy to follow. With the tonneau cover open there is a gap at the rear of the bed if you put anything taller than the tonneau. The panel lives nicely in this area. I’ll report back after I see how much I use it.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T Cab Wall MOLLE Panel Install Guide // BuiltRight Industries 1ED3CD0A-C3B6-49A0-A45A-F2CA5B0F24EF

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I really like the idea of this. Seems like a good solution for some of those off road essentials. If there was a bike mount that attached to it I would like it even more.

idiocyafoot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla S, LX470, R1200GSA, 500EXC-F
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T Cab Wall MOLLE Panel Install Guide // BuiltRight Industries F91F4F11-F65B-4C52-B1DA-23D439E5A362
I installed mine over weekend. Very impressed with the quality of everything: parts, docs, shipping, etc. not inexpensive but you definitely get nice kit.

Went in easily (especially with the thoughtful retainer washers to keep all the bolts and spacers in place as you position everything.).

A couple cautions is on removing the plastic bolt covers/caps. One, they are like those cheap takeout food plastic container tops in that they fight you one side to the other. So you have to kind of work your way around carefully. The other is that there is a metal ring under there. It’s very easy to get under that. It’s literally like a mm deep. If you just jam a screwdriver under there you WILL get under the edge of that metal. It’s called out in instructions but we still got under the first one. So as per instructions, use something very small (and only go to right under the edge of the plastic.)

Getting those caps off (without scratching anything or getting under/bending the metal rings) was the only tedious bit. Other than that 10-15 min maybe.

I bought a couple packs of their molle nuts and mounted a couple rings. Also used them to mount a couple wheel chocks. Just be careful with positioning things like that (close to bolts/standoffs) so don’t bend…I will probably add some additional standoffs for that…and be careful with loads. I think docs say rated for 30lbs per panel. (Not really a factor for typical molle uses. If all you want is chocks/rings then the s-rail/aircraft track method is probably better.)

I plan on ordering a couple strap holders and probably a couple rotopax mounts.

Overall very happy and would buy from them again with confidence.

Last edited:

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

F91F4F11-F65B-4C52-B1DA-23D439E5A362.jpeg
I installed mine over weekend. Very impressed with the quality of everything: parts, docs, shipping, etc. not inexpensive but you definitely get nice kit.

Went in easily (especially with the thoughtful retainer washers to keep all the bolts and spacers in place as you position everything.).

A couple cautions is on removing the plastic bolt covers/caps. One, they are like those cheap takeout food plastic container tops in that they fight you one side to the other. So you have to kind of work your way around carefully. The other is that there is a metal ring under there. It’s very easy to get under that. It’s literally like a mm deep. If you just jam a screwdriver under there you WILL get under the edge of that metal. It’s called out in instructions but we still got under the first one. So as per instructions, use something very small (and only go to right under the edge of the plastic.)

Getting those caps off (without scratching anything or getting under/bending the metal rings) was the only tedious bit. Other than that 10-15 min maybe.

I bought a couple packs of their molle nuts and mounted a couple rings. Also used them to mount a couple wheel chocks. Just be careful with positioning things like that (close to bolts/standoffs) so don’t bend…I will probably add some additional standoffs for that…and be careful with loads. I think docs say rated for 30lbs per panel. (Not really a factor for typical molle uses. If all you want is chocks/rings then the s-rail/aircraft track method is probably better.)

I plan on ordering a couple strap holders and probably a couple rotopax mounts.

Overall very happy and would buy from them again with confidence.
I installed mine last week and this echoes my sentiment exactly.

Love the quality and their mission statement. Looking forward to more quality built items from them for the Rivian platforms.

Sponsored

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I really like the idea of this. Seems like a good solution for some of those off road essentials. If there was a bike mount that attached to it I would like it even more.
I think someone previously tracked it down online when it was posted about before.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T Cab Wall MOLLE Panel Install Guide // BuiltRight Industries 1666200420030

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
I received and installed mine this week. I love the appearance, the quality of the product, packaging, documentation, extras. It seems you really cant put too much weight on it though. I installed with the rivian+maxtrax mounts and a set of 4 actiontrax recovery boards, and I think thats about all I'd want to put on it. Its pretty solid, but when you pull on the recovery boards when mounted the panels flex a bit. Definitely not gonna use much to anchor anything in the bed. to be honest, I'd be wary about mounting a bike to it, or even a large floor jack as i saw someone do unless they were really stable on the end far from the molle to minimize putting tension on the panel.

JeffADK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Convertible, Tractor, UTV
Occupation
All the time
Clubs

I received and installed mine this week. I love the appearance, the quality of the product, packaging, documentation, extras. It seems you really cant put too much weight on it though. I installed with the rivian+maxtrax mounts and a set of 4 actiontrax recovery boards, and I think thats about all I'd want to put on it. Its pretty solid, but when you pull on the recovery boards when mounted the panels flex a bit. Definitely not gonna use much to anchor anything in the bed. to be honest, I'd be wary about mounting a bike to it, or even a large floor jack as i saw someone do unless they were really stable on the end far from the molle to minimize putting tension on the panel.
I installed this rack last week and agree with your positive assessment of the manufacturing quality, packaging, and documentation. For me it is the perfect spot to mount a couple of Maxtrax Extreme recovery boards to keep in the vehicle all winter. I even had enough room to add the small Builtright Molle pouch to hold a tow strap, ratchet straps, soft shackle, etc.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T Cab Wall MOLLE Panel Install Guide // BuiltRight Industries Builtright rack with Maxtrax Extreme

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T Cab Wall MOLLE Panel Install Guide // BuiltRight Industries Builtright bed rack

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Also used them to mount a couple wheel chocks. Just be careful with positioning things like that (close to bolts/standoffs) so don’t bend…I will probably add some additional standoffs for that…and be careful with loads.
I'm curious - what wheel chocks did you get and how did you mount them? I have my MOLLE panels sitting in the garage waiting to install and have been hauling my motorcycles a fair amount, so I'd love to get a chock solution :)

Bywaysmyways

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T GW OC 20 Darks and 2020 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Scientist
I'm surprised to learn you'd not use the rack to anchor anything to the bed. I have the Ride88 rack that has an attachment track that only uses the top 4 existing spots in the bed and that seems super solid, I use with 2 MTBs with total confidence.

I was hoping to replace this attachment rack with the MOLLE panel, reattach my Ride88 bike rack, but also use that for other attachments, like the WaterPORT Day Tank for trailside water/shower/hose off options.

Any further details as to why you wouldn't anchor anything to the MOLLE panel?

Sponsored

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
Its 1/8" aluminum, and it does flex a little. I'm not aware of a published load rating for the product. I have no problem using it for mounting it with a 4-set of recovery boards weighing 40#, and tbh that takes up most of the space so I'm not likely to do much more. My comment was more that I wouldn't be using it to anchor anything heavy that might move around. Light bikes with the Ride88 may be fine.

You are local to me, I'm not far away in San Mateo. If you wanna check it out, DM me.

idiocyafoot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla S, LX470, R1200GSA, 500EXC-F
I'm curious - what wheel chocks did you get and how did you mount them? I have my MOLLE panels sitting in the garage waiting to install and have been hauling my motorcycles a fair amount, so I'd love to get a chock solution :)
Sorry for slow response been out of pocket for bit.

I used the ccr sport chocks.

This setup is working for me how I have it set up…but you definitely have to be careful with chock placement and not use it for tie-downs.

The main issue is the standoff mounting and the flex of the panels. You want to make sure the chocks are mounted close to one of the bolt attachment/stand-off points or it will definitely flex. And then anchor/tie-down using the bed tie-downs and use this mount just for the wheel chock mount to prevent wheel/handlebar turn.

if I were doing it again and the primary/exclusive use was dirtbike/motorcycle, I would do one of the flushmount mount L-track (or similar) solutions referenced in other threads. Those are going to be much stronger and could bear the load of some additional anchor/tie down (in addition to just hanging the chock.)

I do like the builtright panels for my overall purposes (and like the company). Just need to understand the limitations in this use case and be careful with placement and loads. I definitely would not use it for heavy loads (as they specifically point out in the docs).
Sponsored