First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo, expedition
Occupation
Engineer
Dude had the door open when messing with the sound system. Pretty sure this system sounds best with windows up and doors closed.
Yep! One thing I learned On My test drive, we had the sound up just below max and when a door opened the sounds automatically decreased in volume and how it sounded (not just because the door was open). I asked the rivian staff and he said it is a feature of the sounds system

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Probably safe to assume this is an employee’s truck, which may explain why they didn’t want the video to remain up. It’s not exactly a glowing review of the panel fitment, so the employee might be worried about possible retaliation from Rivian.

But this is the point of letting employees “dog food” the trucks. They get to deal with these issues in hopes the rest of us don’t.

Trucks being delivered with these minor issues don’t worry me much, however the real test is how Rivian responds. How fixable are these issues on delivered trucks? Will they correct these issues under warranty? They should, but we don’t know yet.

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
Boy your losing it.

yes I drive A 2017 P100D MS, and yes it’s really fast, and yes it was perfect when I took delivery.

im not talking about Tesla. Calm down.

we’re taking about Rivian. For 100,000 it should e right. If you can’t see that well.. your up a tree
I did not pay 100k for the R1T. Just saying :)

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You people? Do you actually know how close Tesla came to bankruptcy? I don’t think so. Only what dramatic Elon has said in public. That guy can’t be trusted at all. And I think the SEC agrees.
Sorry have to step in here. Elon can be trusted. The SEC is a joke. Don’t get it twisted if Tesla didn’t pave the way and take the initial beating we wouldn’t have the majority of EV’s that exist today. This is a fact recognized by many in the auto and tech industry.

Sponsored

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For those asking about audio quality.

The R1T has a really good amount of insulation and it does feel like a capsule so it helps significantly with your lows. The sound system in EV’s is inherently cleaner since the power is more constant.

R1T sound stage is also smaller since you don’t have to deal with a hatch or round structure. The system is pretty good using Spotify and I do pick up more details in this system than my other luxury ICE vehicles. It’s almost on par with my S’ system. I have NOT uploaded FLAC files yet.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Sorry have to step in here. Elon can be trusted. The SEC is a joke. Don’t get it twisted if Tesla didn’t pave the way and take the initial beating we wouldn’t have the majority of EV’s that exist today. This is a fact recognized by many in the auto and tech industry.
I agree that Elon has done a ton for EVs and where we are today. But trusting him is not something I’ll be doing. He’s a bully. Anytime someone says something negative about him he goes on the attack. It’s just sad.

ChrissyOne

First Name
Chrissy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350, R1T Pre-order
Occupation
Creative Production Manager at Wizards of the Coast
Elon can be trusted.
One second…
????????????????

To lie under oath? Indeed. This has been well documented. To make false claims about Vegas Loop’s speed and capacity? Also true. To sell a fantastically fictional yarn about colonizing Mars by 2030? Check.

There are scores of (real!) scientists on YouTube who can easily verify this.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Yep! One thing I learned On My test drive, we had the sound up just below max and when a door opened the sounds automatically decreased in volume and how it sounded (not just because the door was open). I asked the rivian staff and he said it is a feature of the sounds system
From Meridian's Technical Manuals, they call this their DPOYN feature. This is shorthand for "Don't Piss-Off Your Neighbors."

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

For those asking about audio quality.

The R1T has a really good amount of insulation and it does feel like a capsule so it helps significantly with your lows. The sound system in EV’s is inherently cleaner since the power is more constant.

R1T sound stage is also smaller since you don’t have to deal with a hatch or round structure. The system is pretty good using Spotify and I do pick up more details in this system than my other luxury ICE vehicles. It’s almost on par with my S’ system. I have NOT uploaded FLAC files yet.
Iwantatesla,

That's great feedback. Thank you!

BTW, wondering if you're still on Cloud Nine?

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
My Tesla does the same thing! Probably for safety

Last edited:

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Seems like a good time for the mods to step in and get this thread back on track.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Same...probably struck me a bit differently, well, because. Interesting back story on that.
Come on, Keith. Spill your guts, you're amongst friends... ???

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
It was posted over on Rivian Stories that the owner of this vehicle said this video was done without their permission. They are reaching out to the auto detailer to have it removed. Just an FYI. I’d be ticked if I took my car into a shop and they did this.
Sponsored

Last edited: