Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Just stop Guy.
its 100,000 for the RT1 fully loaded with tax and delivery. 100,000

for that Money it needs to be right. that’s not hard to understand.
An Adventure is 73 add some paint and wheels and you get to 80. Then subtract 7.5 for the tax credit. You cannot include the camp kitchen, tent and other accessories so you are wrong. So just stop!
Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Hardly a lack of QC. It is not all or nothing. Sounds like from this ONE review that they got a lot right from the interior to the paint.
I agree this is about Rivian, although you have a history of picking up on any minor comment and blowing it out of proportion. Your username says it all!
Boy your losing it.

yes I drive A 2017 P100D MS, and yes it’s really fast, and yes it was perfect when I took delivery.

im not talking about Tesla. Calm down.

we’re taking about Rivian. For 100,000 it should e right. If you can’t see that well.. your up a tree

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
He’s a troll, it’s not in his nature to stop.
He must be a troll.

im hoping to get a Max pack asap. And.. I want to perfect.

‘’hopefully Rivian will pick it up.

the trucks are way behind and not rolling off the line as we all,had hoped. The stock is talking and that makes me feel uneasy. Looking for a rebound.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
He must be a troll.

im hoping to get a Max pack asap. And.. I want to perfect.

‘’hopefully Rivian will pick it up.

the trucks are way behind and not rolling off the line as we all,had hoped. The stock is talking and that makes me feel uneasy. Looking for a rebound.
No car is perfect, even Tesla or Lexus or whatever. And the stock is tanking? You remember when Musk through a hissy fit because short sellers were driving the price of Tesla down? Just relax. Stock price has nothing to do with car quality.

Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
No car is perfect, even Tesla or Lexus or whatever. And the stack is tanking? You remember when Musk through a hissy fit because short sellers were driving the price of Tesla down? Just relax. Stock price has nothing to do with car quality.
The stock is tanking. Yes it doesn’t have anything to do with the truck. It’s has to do with Rivian as a company. You people don’t seem to understand how close Tesla came to bankruptcy and Rivian is in that same tunnel. Production hell Real. Open your eyes for CS.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
The stock is tanking. Yes it doesn’t have anything to do with the truck. It’s has to do with Rivian as a company. You people don’t seem to understand how close Tesla came to bankruptcy and Rivian is in that same tunnel. Production hell Real. Open your eyes for CS.
You people? Do you actually know how close Tesla came to bankruptcy? I don’t think so. Only what dramatic Elon has said in public. That guy can’t be trusted at all. And I think the SEC agrees.

Last edited:

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Holy shit, I love that tune. Thanks!
Thanks @Max for introducing us to Nils' work.
My pleasure.

Although I appreciate good sound quality as much as the next guy, I find myself choosing content over quality more often. Much of what I listen to is podcasts and international music that is streamed at lower quality than CD but every once in a while I need to crank up the good stuff.

I love acoustic instruments like guitar, Oud, Kanun, Santoor and Setar (Baby Tar that was invented so it can be hidden under the jacket when music became illegal) but I listen to every kinda music many of which are acquired taste but I like it when others take me out of my comfort zone so I share a few here just in case someone else like me find at least one of them interesting:

Low budget acoustic.
Gipsy stuff
In case you need to be happy or need a good French song to have with your baguette or croissant.
If you want to get the wife in the mood or if you don’t.
If you take your Rivian and hit the road in a cloudy day and an ICE monster truck rolls next to you behind the red light and revs the engine, you are thinking I was born for this you roll down the window and turn up the Meridian to show him how you feel and you put it in sport mode right before you light it up
or if it is instead a lady is checking out you ride
or if you go off road and run it through the Jungle.
If the solar cell project goes south and you get a hole in you roof.
For when you take delivery or if you never get your R1 and want to send an email to R.J. before canceling you reservation.
At the end of the day, all that matters is having a sweet dream.

Last edited:

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
You people? Do you actually know how close Tesla came to bankruptcy? I don’t think so. Only what dramatic Elon has said in public. That guy can’t be trusted at all. And I think the SEC agrees.
Yea ok. Keep dreaming.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

My pleasure.

Although I appreciate good sound quality as much as the next guy, I find myself choosing content over quality more often. Much of what I listen to is podcasts and international music that is streamed at lower quality than CD but every once in a while I need to crank up the good stuff.

I love acoustic instruments like guitar, Oud, Kanun, Santoor and Setar (Baby Tar that was invented so it can be hidden under the jacket when music became illegal) but I listen to every kinda music many of which are acquired taste but I like it when others take me out of my comfort zone so I share a few here just in case someone else like me find at least one of them interesting:

Low budget acoustic.
Gipsy stuff
In case you need to be happy or need a good French song to have with your baguette or croissant.
If you want to get the wife in the mood or if you don’t.
If you take your Rivian and hit the road in a cloudy day and an ICE monster truck rolls next to you behind the red light and revs the engine, you are thinking I was born for this you roll down the window and turn up the Meridian to show him how you feel and you put it in sport mode right before you light it up
or if it is instead a lady checking out you ride
or if you go off road and run it through the Jungle.
If the solar cell project goes south and you get a hole in you roof.
For when you take delivery or if you never get your R1 and want to send an email to R.J. before canceling you reservation.
At the end of the day, all that matters is having a sweet dream.
Wow! This is awesome! Thanks for turning me on to some more new tunes and artists.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Shame the owner of the vehicle is upset by the video. It is a good overview of some key topics of build quality and paint quality. Many people found it interesting and useful. I agree the license plate should be blacked out - could be done and reposted. It sure why the owner is so upset.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
After reading all of the reactions, I'm surprised no one commented on the fact that he kept referring to this as an Adventure trim level (maybe I missed it).

Is this really an Adventure package vehicle? Or is the detailer mis-informed? I didn't think they were shipping those yet.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

From a math standpoint, the stock is down considerably from its peak, but it's still above the IPO price by 24.12%, that's +24.12%.

Granted, it opened at a huge premium, and is now down a whopping 3.88% from that premium opening price, after tumbling uphill by 7.6% today.

I think the initial moonshot was predictable, as were the gravitational forces that brought it back down to low-Earth orbit. This will continue to be a bumpy ride, maybe for quite some time.

Will it likely go down some more? Yep!
Will it likely go up some more? Yep!

Buckle up!

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T Build & Paint Quality Video: Initial Impressions Screenshot_20211221-184727_Chrome

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T Build & Paint Quality Video: Initial Impressions Screenshot_20211221-184851_Chrome

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

After reading all of the reactions, I'm surprised no one commented on the fact that he kept referring to this as an Adventure trim level (maybe I missed it).

Is this really an Adventure package vehicle? Or is the detailer mis-informed? I didn't think they were shipping those yet.
It was an LE but that is basically an Adventure spec
Sponsored