First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Wondering why those wheels have sanding marks.

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
Everything I saw seemed very minor. My Tundra really isn't much better.
I don't like those black plastics touching paint, over time I bet those will wear through the paint.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I thought it was odd that the owner of this early vehicle would allow so much filming…. Makes sense that the shop just did it of their own accord.

you’d think a place that deals in high end vehicles would have more discretion. But that doesn’t make content I guess.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I thought it was odd that the owner of this early vehicle would allow so much filming…. Makes sense that the shop just did it of their own accord.

you’d think a place that deals in high end vehicles would have more discretion. But that doesn’t make content I guess.
I agree. At the very least, cover or blur the plate, or just don't show it.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I agree. At the very least, cover or blur the plate, or just don't show it.
The plate doesn’t matter. Average person cannot run a license plate.

Don’t use a customer cadras a promotional item without permission.

esepcially one that is effectively an early production test vehicle

Last edited:

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
The plate doesn’t matter. Average person cannot run a license plate.
Right. And even if they could, plate numbers are public knowledge, and all drivers actively display them any time the drive...

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Right. And even if they could, plate numbers are public knowledge, and all drivers actively display them any time the drive...
This is not entirely true and the reason for blurring out a plate in TV shows, and on the internet is that is greatly expands the number of eyeballs and bad actors who could obtain that information. Depending on the state, people can use a license plate to gather information about the vehicles owner. Seeing a plate in person is one thing, displaying it online or television raises privacy concerns. I work in media production and on commercial filming this is something legal teams will often require. We sometimes have to do it with tail numbers of aircraft as well, even though anyone can search the FAA database.

Google cites this as the reason they blur license plates in Street View.
https://www.google.com/streetview/policy/

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
This is not entirely true and the reason for blurring out a plate in TV shows, and on the internet is that is greatly expands the number of eyeballs and bad actors who could obtain that information. Depending on the state, people can use a license plate to gather information about the vehicles owner. Seeing a plate in person is one thing, displaying it online or television raises privacy concerns. I work in media production and on commercial filming this is something legal teams will often require. We sometimes have to do it with tail numbers of aircraft as well, even though anyone can search the FAA database.

I understand the concern from a privacy perspective, and I would never display someone else's information without express permission. The detailer f'd up IMO. But from a legal viewpoint, this is a non-issue. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy for something that is routinely displayed in public.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I understand the concern from a privacy perspective, and I would never display someone else's information without express permission. The detailer f'd up IMO. But from a legal viewpoint, this is a non-issue. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy for something that is routinely displayed in public.
Since I’m not an attorney I can’t speak with certainty, but I do agree with you that there is no reasonable expectation of privacy. I’m sure there are some lawyers who are better versed in the legal implications as it pertains to this specific area. I just know what we have to deal with when it comes to commercial filming for major clients.

Sponsored

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Great video but I have to say the cover photo and title are what I hate about the internet. They found some very minor issues nothing to freak out about. Yet the title and photo make it seem like a train wreck.

HJP1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (sold) Lexus LS460, Cadillac XT5, Lexus IS500
Occupation
retired
Excellent review of build quality from a trained eye and I would say pretty impressive for a brand new vehicle from a brand new manufacturer. I had my 2019 Tesla 3 detailed recently from another detailing pro who said he thought build quality and paint quality on the Tesla's are on par with an entry level Kia...maybe!

Reactions: Guy

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Sadly, that plate is still seared into my OCD brain. I'm glad to see the guys finally blurred it out after broadcasting it to everyone. And, yes, it does matter. At least it would if it were my plate.

Last edited:

Nine_One_Six_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Clubs

Great video but I have to say the cover photo and title are what I hate about the internet. They found some very minor issues nothing to freak out about. Yet the title and photo make it seem like a train wreck.
I agree 100% Typical strategy from a "Youtuber" to try to maximize eye balls. Apparently that gives the creator more money so youtubers trying to get maximum money on their videos will continue doing that. I equate that with Clickbait. My best remedy is to not watch these kind of creators on YT. If they are new to me I give them a few shots but if that is how they do all their videos they go to my list of "not to watch"
Sponsored