Sponsored

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
The general implication is deliveries won't start until at least June 21, which would constitute summer. This should come as a surprise to no one, since all the evidence has pointed to early June deliveries being unlikely. Furthermore, it seems likely that any June deliveries will be to key personnel like RJ or other executives who do not require the full customer experience to be in place to order and take delivery.
I realize that June 21 is technically summer. It's still odd that an email response by Rivian to a media outlet would say "in the summer" if they still planned to deliver vehicles 4-5 weeks from now. They would still highlight that Rivian is still on track to deliver vehicles in June, rather than a generic statement that could mean June 21 to Sept 22.
Luckily, I had missed that the statement was attributed to Teslarati, which I have found to be very unreliable and frankly rarely read anymore. I also agree with others that I think Rivian is better than to still list June start on its website if it already knows it won't start until later in the summer.

However, it would be extremely disappointing if Rivian claimed to have met June deliveries to customers, by delivering vehicles to "RJ and other executives". That is not deliveries to customers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Looks like we have the answer to which color will be shipping first. Too bad, I can't stand silver.
Those side panels are not painted. They're bare metal. They will be whatever color Rivian chooses to paint them.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
The general implication is deliveries won't start until at least June 21, which would constitute summer. This should come as a surprise to no one, since all the evidence has pointed to early June deliveries being unlikely. Furthermore, it seems likely that any June deliveries will be to key personnel like RJ or other executives who do not require the full customer experience to be in place to order and take delivery.
I agree...."summer" is a loose term. If they deliver their first one on June 21st, and Vin# 2 on August 21st, for example, that is still "in the summer". I think Launch Edition buyers will get them over the period of July 1st to Thanksgiving, IMHO. It is not like Rivian will deliver 10,000 R1Ts on June 21st.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management

Sponsored

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
I agree...."summer" is a loose term. If they deliver their first one on June 21st, and Vin# 2 on August 21st, for example, that is still "in the summer". I think Launch Edition buyers will get them over the period of July 1st to Thanksgiving, IMHO. It is not like Rivian will deliver 10,000 R1Ts on June 21st.
Just remember that technically VIN #1 and #2 are already delivered to the Long Way Up series. While they were not sold, technically those first 2 VINs are already used.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I believe DJ was making a joke.
It seems a lot of people on this forum think giving incorrect information or just being "wrong" is funny?

I prefer jokes that make me laugh. But clearly I'm in the minority.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Just remember that technically VIN #1 and #2 are already delivered to the Long Way Up series. While they were not sold, technically those first 2 VINs are already used.
VIN #'s reset for each model year

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

VIN #'s reset for each model year
Not necessarily, as Tesla carries over from year to year. They would likely maintain different series of VINs like Prototype, Alpha, Beta, Release Candidate, and finally Production, allowing them to release a Production VIN #1 and #2.

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

Those are easy stampings, where is the complicated stuff like the batteries? Has it been confirmed to be aluminum, those could easily be steel stampings.

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
It's interesting that the panels on the top rack appear to have had some level of finish/refinement completed on them versus the lower two racks.

Admittedly I know absolutely squat about aluminum body panel manufacturing, so I'm curious what different processes have occurred to make them look so different.

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

It's interesting that the panels on the top rack appear to have had some level of finish/refinement completed on them versus the lower two racks.

Admittedly I know absolutely squat about aluminum body panel manufacturing, so I'm curious what different processes have occurred to make them look so different.
The communications team ran out of time to air brush the rest in photoshop with RJ over their shoulder asking for the picture to post.

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Maybe they are just already painted in LA Silver.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I'm curious what different processes have occurred to make them look so different.
It's probably just the lighting.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

It's probably just the lighting.
I agree the lighting likely has some impact, but the panels in the first bin in both the lower two levels do look roughed-up on their back ends.
Sponsored