Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I would hope that a rivian certified shop would have a welder that is good with aluminum.
It'll be interesting to see what the Rivian repair network looks like.

In my (admittedly small) experience with car body repairs, there are a whole lot of "meh" shops out there, and only a few great ones.
Sponsored

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I see mine too!!! :clap: It's the first one on the left in the top row!!
I love that all of the racks are actually labeled "R1T Bodyside LH".

I guess that keeps someone from mistaking it as a right-hand panel for an R1S.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T Body Sides!! ? 20210515_160013

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Do you think they used Amazon to deliver those body panels? ?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Do you think they used Amazon to deliver those body panels? ?
I think they're made in the Normal IL factory, so they don't require shipping.

Sponsored

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
I think they're made in the Normal IL factory, so they don't require shipping.
But they could have used a van to move a set of them from the fab area to the storage area on the other side of the factory.
Highly inefficient, but don't they need to test those vans somehow?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
But they could have used a van to move a set of them from the fab area to the storage area on the other side of the factory.
Highly inefficient, but don't they need to test those vans somehow?
Amazon has several vans actually delivering customer packages in a handful of cities. They're getting tested in the real world doing what they vans were actually built to do.

The side panels are on special palletized carriers and are probably moved around by crane and forklift. Would be incredibly inefficient to use a Van to move them around -- inefficient both for factory logistics and for testing the Vans.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Rivian informed Teslarati that the R1T assembly lines are ready for production. Now, the company is finishing up with employee training builds. Rivian also stated that customer deliveries would begin by this summer.

“The lines are in; we’re completing employee training builds. We begin customer deliveries this summer,” Rivian stated in an email.

Sponsored

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
Rivian informed Teslarati that the R1T assembly lines are ready for production. Now, the company is finishing up with employee training builds. Rivian also stated that customer deliveries would begin by this summer.

“The lines are in; we’re completing employee training builds. We begin customer deliveries this summer,” Rivian stated in an email.
I’ve been trying not to read too much into the lack of comms like others have and remain hopeful we’re a month from initial deliveries.
However, “begin by this summer” does sound like a delay of a couple of months. Otherwise, why not say “begin next month”?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I’ve been trying not to read too much into the lack of comms like others have and remain hopeful we’re a month from initial deliveries.
However, “begin by this summer” does sound like a delay of a couple of months. Otherwise, why not say “begin next month”?
I guess the question is when was the email. We are assuming it was part of the picture tweeted by RJ but could have been a few months ago.

Edit:

Reading this from the article makes me question all of it

Previously, Rivian informed Teslarati that it has already started contacting reservation holders with updates about their delivery time. “Our focus is on providing a seamless ownership experience, from purchase to delivery and beyond,” said a Rivian comms person.

We know with a fairly certain confidence from these forums no one has been contacted yet and most of the other quotes seem to be from the notification emails we all have received.

Last edited:

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

The general implication is deliveries won't start until at least June 21, which would constitute summer. This should come as a surprise to no one, since all the evidence has pointed to early June deliveries being unlikely. Furthermore, it seems likely that any June deliveries will be to key personnel like RJ or other executives who do not require the full customer experience to be in place to order and take delivery.
Sponsored