DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

It’s like you said, it’s mostly for show when you add bigger tires. I have to admit, I like the look of a mildly raised truck with some aggressive tires but within reason.
My best tire size would be a 35” tall tire with a wheel with a little more negative offset. Today a 37” tall tire is the new 35. I believe Rivian offers off road tires that are 34” tall. Not to shabby right?
Don,

Great job on digging through the archives to find this old thread! A few accessories that come to mind include a fitted platform (perhaps split, ot hinged in the middle) that would cover the back seat. This would provide a level surface for pet carriers, luggage, supplies, etc. that we wouldn't want sitting on the rear seats. WeatherTech or Husky may make such a product, but since others have expressed concern about the lack of folding seats to accomplish this outcome, it might be a popular item.

Fitted Internal and external sunshades would be nice to see. The internal one could fill the precise opening of the sunroof and be secured with internal or loose bows. I can see a few options for the exterior shades. One would include a slightly oversized reflective sheet to cover of the sunroof opening, with magnetized edges to adhere to the roof when the vehicle is at rest. The other one for the R1T would cover just the greenhouse of the cabin, blocking the sunlight from heating the interior. It would essentially be just the upper portion of a full vehicle cover. Thin cables could be used to secure it by closing the ends inside of the doors. Not only would it keep the cabin cooler and free of UV rays, it would also keep dirt, dust, and rain off the windows if sitting out for several days at an airport or while camping.

While a retractable rear window may not be in the offing, I'd love to see a replacement that might be something along the lines of a three-piece system where the the side portions might be hinged or sliders to allow them to open, or at least serve as vents. Might even be nice if the window, or the center portion could be removed entirely from the inside. Anything along these lines could be problematic and/or expensive, but a nice addition for many, including those with pets.
Sponsored

Reactions: Don

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

There likely won't be any aftermarket suspension kits. The Rivian suspension isn't your typical springs/shocks setup but a single unit sealed air suspension. I'd be surprised if any suspension developer is going to come out with replacement air suspensions. And even if they did, how would it improve upon the factory one.

rivian-suspension-skateboard-chassis.jpg
If the Rivian uses sensors to determine body height like Land Rover does with their air suspension then there may be a way to fool the system so it senses that the vehicle is lower than it really is. There are several potential downsides to doing this on the Land Rover vehicles including accelerated wear of CV joints, impacts to handling, and, if you rely on this to accommodate larger diameter tires, the possibility that air suspension failure renders the vehicle undrivable because the tires will rub when the suspension drops to the lowest possible setting.

Rivian may not use a sensor linkage which can be modified like Land Rover’s and Rivian may have a different failure mode (Land Rover basically stops the suspension air compressor and releases pressure from the system) so this may not even apply.

There is one interesting thing regarding accessory makers that gives me hope for a Rivian-specific aftermarket, though. Despite the relatively low demand of Land Rover owners looking for this type of accessory, there are at least two companies making them for the Land Rover vehicles.

hrp783

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Audi Q7
Occupation
Head Honcho
I hope there are some customization accessories like what’s available for Tesla’s.
it’s the little things that make it perfect.

for example, screen protector…

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I hope there are some customization accessories like what’s available for Tesla’s.
it’s the little things that make it perfect.

for example, screen protector…
That's a joke, right? Screen "protector" in a car is absurdly worthless.

hrp783

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Audi Q7
Occupation
Head Honcho
That's a joke, right? Screen "protector" in a car is absurdly worthless.
no… I own a Tesla too, and with that big ass screen… I rather not get a scratch

and there are plenty of really neat aftermarket accessories for my Model Y.
I don’t care to take it to the Extreme, but I did cover the plain piano black and HEPA in cabin filters.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I plan on adding more lights and electrical accessories like a UHF radio. I hope they have built in the ability to add accessories like available 12v ACC points and be able to control them off of the touch screen so we don't have to add switches to the dash. Same with having a 12v acc power available next to the mirror would be helpful for a lot of people (dash cams, radar, gopro power)
Sponsored