First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Car & Driver has always been a joke. "Winner" is always from the company that spends the most on marketing on their site/magazine. Throw J.D. Power & Associates in the same bucket—just a pay-to-play marketing platform for those who dump the most money on their laps.
Motor Trend too.
When Motor Trend awarded the R1T 2022 Truck of the Year, nobody here said it was a joke. :LOL:
Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Yes, claimed top speed might seem like marketing fluff. But making a claim means backing it up, and I appreciate the companies that do. I'd like to see what the Rivian can achieve in a quarter mile, all out pull. Taking your vehicle to a drag strip is a legal (and really fun) way to go way over the speed limit.

More importantly, it means that when I'm obeying the speed limit, there's some confidence that it's over engineered. The Rivian 111 MPH speed governor doesn't inspire confidence.

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Any speed above 70 mph is illegal, and if 111 mph is not reckless driving, I don't know what is. I hear what @mkg3 is saying, that it's a marketing thing. It's silly to limit it @ 111mph. Whether you drive at 111 or 130 is still way above safe driving, but manufacturers are still marketing top speed as an ability.
Maybe where you are, there are plenty of freeways with 85 mph speed limits in Texas and driving 90 won’t get a blink from law enforcement. Just saying ;)
Sponsored