Rivian R1S in many different colors

Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
Nice work! Yellow's too bright for me as a daily but it looks great there. I'm getting the R1T but if I were going with an R1S I'd probably pick a white one, looks great with the black roof.

Ranma

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Range Rover Sport
Very nice. True SUV! Unlike the Model Y that was just revealed as an "SUV" :facepalm:

Posted this in the other R1T color renderings thread too -- I previously saw a comment on Instagram from Scaringe that they'd be launching with 8 color options to choose from.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
True SUV! Unlike the Model Y that was just revealed as an "SUV"
Amen to that. Some have said it's technically a mid-sized crossover SUV. :headbang: I think any classification that includes "SUV" for the M-Y is a reach.

The burnt orange color appealing but like I mentioned in the R1T colors posting I would prefer more of a burnt copper/rust.
The 7th one down is also an interesting (red wine?) color. A little more brown in it, like a root beer, would get my vote.

JG Rivian

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Performance Model 3 (2018)
Like that steel blue; however, that forest green with contrast black roof is going to be hard to pass on though.

Sponsored

Aurum

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Dual Motor Max Pack
I’m also a big fan of the blue! If I end up fulfilling my preorder, I will probably go with a blue like that or possibly dark/ rust red.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
There's two more colors I would love to see mocked up:

1) Tan (Quicksand from Toyota or Sahara from Jeep)
2) Grey (Destroyer from Dodge or Stingray from Jeep)

Hydro

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
still searching
Very nice. True SUV! Unlike the Model Y that was just revealed as an "SUV" :facepalm:

Posted this in the other R1T color renderings thread too -- I previously saw a comment on Instagram from Scaringe that they'd be launching with 8 color options to choose from.
Was he talking about the R1T, R1S or both? Did he say whether the 8 colors would be the same for both?

Btw- my vote is for the blue grayish one. Something about the louder colors that don't look right to me, maybe it's the boxy design it just doesn't go well.

Sponsored

jacobh

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.besustainable.com
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, Model X
Occupation
Web Design + Development
The black R1S looks really good! Would be interested to see a black R1T for comparison.
I don't know if its because we're so conditioned to seeing this color but the dark green R1S they keep showing has grown on me. The yellow calipers with the green body actually looks really good.
Once Rivian launches these... Range Rover sales are going to plummet.
I asked Land Rover recently if they had any plans on EVs and all I got was "they have exciting plans coming soon". Shortly thereafter, they announced the "hybrid" versions of their vehicles.
A Rivian R1S that looks better, is 100% electric and has 600+km at the price range it will be in will out sell a Land Rover/Range Rover any day.

Now that I see the steel blue Rivian R1S... I kind of enjoy that color too. I'd have to the see the Yellow and Orange vesions in person but they seem like the could work.
Great mockup work to whoever created those!

TheAustin

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model X, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
The steel grey-blue is phenomenal. Fingers crossed that something like that makes it through to final production.

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
The steel blue looks fantastic. I like it better than RJ blue. (Sorry, RJ.)

I do hope there is a way to see colors in person (along with many other things, e.g. test drive, though I won't expound on this and stray from the main topic of this thread).

The recently announced yellow -- or mustard? -- is not my thing. As someone said in another thread, I applaud Rivian for trying something different, it's just that particular different is not my thing.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Wow, nicely rendered. The Steel Blue and Gray are my personal favorites!

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
What are the chances that a potential upgrade for either the R1S or R1T is a custom exterior color?

It is so hard to judge the real-world appearance of the options based on pictures (multiple sensitivities to the camera that took the picture, the encoding of the picture, and computer display).

If COVID prevents national road shows that give potential customers a chance to see a color in person, then an ideal option would be a chance for a customer to order a custom color and get a swatch to see what it looks like in person, and in different light.

I saw a pick up on the road a few days ago that was the perfect blue for me. A moderately dark blue that seemed the perfect balance between preserving enough color to avoid confusion with black, but not so bright as to be a peacock color. (With the usual caveat this is my preference. Which makes the logic of custom colors more sensible from a customer standpoint, though I appreciate there are challenges to implement this as an option.) I didn't catch the make / model, though I'm pretty sure it was a Toyota of some sort. I just did a search, and because of the challenges tying colors in person to pictures, I'm not sure if any of the pictures I saw online were the actual color I saw.
Sponsored