Sponsored

Rivian R1S in many different colors

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
What are the chances that a potential upgrade for either the R1S or R1T is a custom exterior color?
Probably very low. That would significantly complicate things for a startup company trying to ramp up production as quickly as they can.
Sponsored

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
Yeah, I can imagine custom colors would be tough to implement.

Still trying to calibrate what's reasonable for this kind of price point, considering the most expensive car I've purchased in my life to date is . . . well, I can't give an accurate fraction because I don't know how much the R1S of my dreams will cost, but probably something like 3x less expensive than a Rivian.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Nice renderings! The steel blue looks great... but tbh, the R1S looks great to me in almost all the colors though.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
According to a customer service conversation reported in another thread, there will be 10, not 8, exterior colors. We've already seen dark brown bodies on the early production line.

So, if memory serves, here are the colors in alphabetical order: black, RJ blue, brown, gray, green, mustard (Dijon, of course), silver, and white. That's 8, so there may be 2 more on offer.

I don't believe we've actually seen a black (have we?), so that may or may not be in the exterior color lineup. And, as discussed elsewhere, there are three interior color choices though a good number of folks raised their voices in hopes of a fourth.

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
According to a customer service conversation reported in another thread, there will be 10, not 8, exterior colors. We've already seen dark brown bodies on the early production line.

So, if memory serves, here are the colors in alphabetical order: black, RJ blue, brown, gray, green, mustard (Dijon, of course), silver, and white. That's 8, so there may be 2 more on offer.

I don't believe we've actually seen a black (have we?), so that may or may not be in the exterior color lineup. And, as discussed elsewhere, there are three interior color choices though a good number of folks raised their voices in hopes of a fourth.
I'd expect a red too.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1S in many different colors SmartSelect_20201108-063927_Twitter

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

bigdogrod

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda ridgeline, pre order for cybertruck and r1t
only 1 color choice... electric blue!
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1S in many different colors 1604933560460

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
I really like this rendered blue as well. Probably too conservative for most people though.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1S in many different colors 9384359A-C1F1-4A6D-BD1C-C5B566597741
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1S in many different colors B495C669-9184-49B4-8C0B-B2B6DAF7C8F5

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Two blues in a range of ten colors wouldn't be a bad thing by any means.

Sponsored

TheAustin

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model X, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
R1S rendered in different colors. Any favorites? I like the carbon/steel blue one most personally.

Rivian R1S Steel Blue Front.jpg
Rivian R1S Steel Blue Rear.jpg

Rivian R1S White Front.jpg

Rivian R1S White Rear.jpg

Rivian R1S Yellow Front.jpg

Rivian R1S Copper Front.jpg

Rivian R1S Crimson Front.jpg

Rivian R1S Gray Front.jpg
That blue is INSANE...Unfortunately since they didn't end up offering anything like it, we're ordering white and will be seeking out a wrap that looks as close to that render as possible.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
BTW, someone who works at Rivian just mentioned that the original yellow render was the closest representation to real life.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1S in many different colors SmartSelect_20201116-215712_Twitter

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
That blue is INSANE...Unfortunately since they didn't end up offering anything like it, we're ordering white and will be seeking out a wrap that looks as close to that render as possible.
I really hope one of the upcoming additions I can make to my LE R1T is that carbon-steel blue.

mbm

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aston Martin V12 Vantage S, Porsche Turbo S, BAC Mono, Tesla Model X
I really like this rendered blue as well. Probably too conservative for most people though.
9384359A-C1F1-4A6D-BD1C-C5B566597741.jpeg
B495C669-9184-49B4-8C0B-B2B6DAF7C8F5.jpeg
We were looking for a nice blue like this or a darker, metallic midnight blue. Hearing from several configuring the R1S that they are disappointed. SUV buyers looking for a nice blue that doesn't look "smurf" are out of luck. Looks like they picked their colors based on looking into the market data for pickup trucks.

Rivian did white, black, light grey, dark grey... ok. But those looking for an elegant color coming from Land Rover, etc. find an OK green and nothing else. And while this doesn't match their market from a marketing perspective, we know most R1S will never go off road and be used by families for school runs, etc. Have a feeling we are going to see a ton of light silver and black R1S over the years because many owners couldn't find a decent color that fit their tastes.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
We were looking for a nice blue like this or a darker, metallic midnight blue. Hearing from several configuring the R1S that they are disappointed. SUV buyers looking for a nice blue that doesn't look "smurf" are out of luck. Looks like they picked their colors based on looking into the market data for pickup trucks.

Rivian did white, black, light grey, dark grey... ok. But those looking for an elegant color coming from Land Rover, etc. find an OK green and nothing else. And while this doesn't match their market from a marketing perspective, we know most R1S will never go off road and be used by families for school runs, etc. Have a feeling we are going to see a ton of light silver and black R1S over the years because many owners couldn't find a decent color that fit their tastes.
Both vehicles in red look pretty terrible IMHO. Limestone and LA Silver are too similar (of the two, I prefer Limestone though). I selected El Cap Granite for my config. I may switch to Forest Green. It looks good in person.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1S in many different colors Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 5.56.49 PM
Sponsored