First Name
Kieran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla S75, 2007 Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Engineer
Have you tried? I've been in soft sand a handful of times and never had issues with 22s
I don't own a Rivian yet. I've watched videos of folks in their Rivians getting stuck in sand and mud though!
Sponsored

Cale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 RS1 Launch Ed., '09 C4S, '05 Elise, SRF Gen 3
Occupation
Chief Medical Officer Formula One Vegas and Formula E Portland
Well thats like your opinion man
The Dude abides.

And I think that my a$$ in my wife’s 911 is riding Raptor height compared to sitting in my Elise.

This is one of those silly mostly subjective threads that has no right answer. People like différent things for different reasons. Cosmesis vs function. Lip filler or Doctorate. I suppose if you are lucky, you can have both.

This is a car guy that works around race cars all of the time. F1 in Miami earler this month, sports cars in Austin last weekend. I am actually working at a Porsche test in Watkins Glen for one of the cars that will compete in Le Mans 24 heures. I have raced a bit myself. I have never driven anything like what I saw on the track today. That being said, I am pretty impressed with the acceleration of my R1S. And the whirring gear sound that my Rivian makes under hard acceleration sounds just like the hybrid Penske Porsche pulling out of its pit box under electric power till the ICE kicks in. My Rivian is fun and very functional to me and that is all that matters. And it sounds like an electric race car. Oooh, aren’t I special.

Last edited:

broc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I had a Gen 2 Raptor before the R1T and have ridden in Gen 3 Raptors. They're great but I disagree with a lot of the comparison. One point is the interior quality. The Rivian seems way nicer in quality and I'm going to predict durability. My Raptor seats were failing at some seams at 20K and the overall feel was more hard plastic like. Stereo quality was no comparison. I love the Rivan size way more btw. Raptor was a beast in the city.
Sponsored