Sponsored

Rivian R1S Bluetooth is out of control

Ioman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
My phone is constantly connecting to the car when I am walking around my home. Impressive range - annoying hassle. Is anyone else experiencing this? Perhaps my R1S is not going to sleep mode when it should be.

If anyone has found a resolution, please share.

Thanks
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
My phone is constantly connecting to the car when I am walking around my home. Impressive range - annoying hassle. Is anyone else experiencing this? Perhaps my R1S is not going to sleep mode when it should be.

If anyone has found a resolution, please share.

Thanks
Is it your vehicle it's connecting to, or the Camp Speaker? If it's the former, this is abnormal and indicates the vehicle isn't sleeping properly. If it's the latter, this is an annoyingly common issue.

Rivian805

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yes and it turns the fans on all the time when it wakes up from it.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Yes and it turns the fans on all the time when it wakes up from it.
Are you talking about Bluetooth or the PAAK where the phone keeps unlocking the truck?

If it is unlocking what I with my iPhone is have the Rivian app set to only use location services when the app is running. When I’m home and working around the yard or in the garage I just close the Rivian app and it does not interact with the truck. When I’m ready to go somewhere I just open the app.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I stopped having that issue when I set the car to not activate the unlock at home. It's in the vehicle settings.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1S Bluetooth is out of control Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 9.00.31 PM
B

Sponsored

BrianNakata

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Shelby GT350
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
The proximity setting doesn't keep the louvers from opening and the fans from turning on for some reason.

OP
OP

Ioman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Have tried everything above. Seems to be when I am finished driving the R1S, have it parked in the garage and it's taking way too long to go into sleep mode, or for some reason doesn't go into sleep mode at all. Obviously I need to troubleshoot, just wondering if others are experiencing the same issue.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Have tried everything above. Seems to be when I am finished driving the R1S, have it parked in the garage and it's taking way too long to go into sleep mode, or for some reason doesn't go into sleep mode at all. Obviously I need to troubleshoot, just wondering if others are experiencing the same issue.
Do you have anything sitting on any of the seats? Do you have any seatbelts clicked in? Either of these could cause the vehicle to think someone is in the vehicle and not go to sleep.

OP
OP

Ioman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Do you have anything sitting on any of the seats? Do you have any seatbelts clicked in? Either of these could cause the vehicle to think someone is in the vehicle and not go to sleep.
Great question, will take a look next time this happens and report back.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I don't think he does. It's pretty common for me to have the lights and the fans all wake up every time I walk around the outside of my house, when I'm mowing the lawn, when I come back in from a bike ride, etc. It doesn't seem to use much energy, but it is a little annoying

Sponsored

cdub

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf 2011
Occupation
Editor
Unrelated but when my wife drives my leaf and I'm on a phone call in the house the call goes to the car. 🤦‍♂️So some of this is just a general issue with all Bluetooth possibly.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I haven't received my R1 yet. My understanding is that we get (1) a phone app, (2) a "key" that looks like a massive lock, (3) a card, and (4) a wrist band. I would like to use just the wrist band. Is that practical?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I haven't received my R1 yet. My understanding is that we get (1) a phone app, (2) a "key" that looks like a massive lock, (3) a card, and (4) a wrist band. I would like to use just the wrist band. Is that practical?
You should get two cards, but you only get the band if you have an LE. That said, my band is my daily and it works great. More particular on positioning, but works nonetheless.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
You should get two cards, but you only get the band if you have an LE. That said, my band is my daily and it works great. More particular on positioning, but works nonetheless.
Glad to hear that. No, I'm not LE so no band for me. Wonder if I can "mcgyver" one of the cards into a band? Cheers.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Glad to hear that. No, I'm not LE so no band for me. Wonder if I can "mcgyver" one of the cards into a band? Cheers.
You should be able to buy one second hand. They may add them to the shop in the future as well.
Sponsored