Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
They delivered 920% more EV trucks than GM did in 2021. Congrats to Rivian!
They have accomplished more than most EV startups to date. It will only get better from here (with some expected pandemic hiccups).

To be fair and to give some perspective to the comp, GM had $14 B. earning in 2021. So I consider the two more like apples and oranges. In 2035 it will be a more interesting comparison. I think both of them need to work very hard to ensure they are around by then. Just being an EV company does not guarantee success and just being big does not either. Providing a good product which is a good value may. I think Rivian is on the right path.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
They have accomplished more than most EV startups to date. It will only get better from here (with some expected pandemic hiccups).

To be fair and to give some perspective to the comp, GM had $14 B. earning in 2021. So I consider the two more like apples and oranges. In 2035 it will be a more interesting comparison. I think both of them need to work very hard to ensure they are around by then. Just being an EV company does not guarantee success and just being big does not either. Providing a good product which is a good value may. I think Rivian is on the right path.
I agree. I just think it's hilarious GM kicked out a single Hummer on like 12/21/21. And as far as I have seen, they haven't delivered any more.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Went from roughly 1000 per week from 11/1/21 to 12/15/21 to 4000 per week from 12/15/21 to 12/31/21. That's a good jump!

Edit: numbers botched. Kept to avoid confusing people on following posts though.

Last edited:

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Went from roughly 100 per week from 11/1/21 to 12/15/21 to 400 per week from 12/15/21 to 12/31/21. That's a good jump!
How do you get to 400 per week since that would be 800 just for the second half of December which would be 80% of all R1Ts produced since September.
I don’t recall how many they said on the 16th had already been made and delivered, so I may be wrong. If they are already at 400 a week then that is close to 20k a year which sounds high since I didn’t think they had a second shift yet.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Pretty sure I’ve seen in reporting a couple times they have two shifts and are planning to hire a third at some point for assembly but not paint because that shop has a higher through put.

All that said, as people are developing shoot from the hip estimates on weekly production for the second half of December is that it’s fairly well known that they were shut down a few days around Christmas for the holidays and their subs were in doing maintainence/retooling work.

So it’s possible the daily rate is a bit higher depending on how many days they were not running.

Sponsored

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
Someone needs to set up a webcam pointing at the factory where the trucks roll out the door.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Someone needs to set up a webcam pointing at the factory where the trucks roll out the door.
How many restraining orders do I need in my resume to apply for that job?

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

They delivered 920% more EV trucks than GM did in 2021. Congrats to Rivian!
37x more EVs total than GM, in spite of a 120 year head start for GM.

Anyone know how many cars Lucid cranked out in '21?

phil.hansen3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4-runner
Starting to wonder if the estimates they gave for Adventures editions for July - September and October - December of this year are just keep people from canceling. I don't see how they are possibly going to make a significant dent in the LE editions this year, let alone get to Adventure ones.
Exactly why I pulled the trigger on the Lightning. I still have high hopes for Rivian long term but lost faith that I would get one in 2022, even with the Oct-Dec window. I should have a lightning by mid 2022, so if the lightning doesn't meet my needs I can get my Rivian sometime in 2023.

CharlieSA

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Rogue, 2018 Acadia
Occupation
Number geek
Let’s be real now, if they did that people would still be upset because their exact configuration of interior color, exterior color and wheel combination is not included…..
and people would also complain wHy LeAvE 9 pReCiOuS RiViAn WiTh EmPlOYeEs WhEn ThEy CoUlD dElIvEr To ReAl CuStOmErS?

Sponsored

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
Rivian had a backlog of 55k R1T pre-orders around November 8. I pre-ordered at the end of October and Rivian gave me a delivery window of late 2022.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
And how many of these vehicles went to actual customers and not "employees" under NDA?

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

everyone knocking this apart instead of being positive. Think of everything they have to overcome in the last 2 years, let alone 10.

Pandemic closures, worker shortages, part shortages, etc etc. Getting anything done of this scale is amazing. Be positive and not so negative. Of course employees got the first ones, which I am very happy for. I hope by the time they get to mine they fix things and make adjustments to deliver an amazing product. If you are a Rivian fan you should want this too.

OP
OP
Ladiver

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

And how many of these vehicles went to actual customers and not "employees" under NDA?
At least 2. I would guess (but wouldn’t bet on) 5-10. More than that and I’m sure we would have heard by now. I’m sure there is still a large backlog of employee orders.