LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Sure wish Rivian would "come clean" on the number of Launch Edition vehicles (T & S) they intend to produce. There is no viable reason that I can fathom for holding this info back at this point in time.

I have a L.E. R1T order with a May-June delivery window. I get the feeling this may be the last or next-to last slot for the L.E. trucks. Anyone have a L.E. R1T delivery window beyond June or July?

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Sure wish Rivian would "come clean" on the number of Launch Edition vehicles (T & S) they intend to produce. There is no viable reason that I can fathom for holding this info back at this point in time.

I have a L.E. R1T order with a May-June delivery window. I get the feeling this may be the last or next-to last slot for the L.E. trucks. Anyone have a L.E. R1T delivery window beyond June or July?
There are some July-Sept but mainly Canada/HI/AK.

I am also a May-June R1T LE.

OP
OP
Ladiver

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

That's a start , but what is needed is an olde fashioned Ramp Up.
Baby steps. They have been unable to reach ANY of their previous (lofty) goals, so they set a 2-week goal and actually achieved it! Congrats, now make another 2-week goal and achieve that too. Then try a 3-week goal...you get the picture.

I would say just get us our Rivians, but what I really want is a T and S side by side that I can make an educated decision on which one to go with first. Oh, and I want to see all the colors on something larger than an index card.

I am in Orange County, that should be fairly easy. Take 9 employees and give them the following vehicles to drive to work every day. Hire 2 security guards to keep an eye on them and allow the public to look.

#1 R1T LAUNCH GREEN 20" All-Terrain Forrest Edge
#2 R1T LA SILVER 20" All-Terrain Bright Black Mountain
#3 R1T GLACIER WHITE 20" All-Terrain Dark Ocean Coast
#4 R1T RED CANYON 21" Road Black Mountain
#5 R1T MIDNIGHT 22" Sport Bright Forrest Edge
#6 R1S RIVIAN BLUE 22" Sport Dark Black Mountain
#7 R1S LIMESTONE 20" All-Terrain Ocean Coast
#8 R1S FOREST GREEN 20" All-Terrain Bright Forrest Edge
#9 R1S EL CAP GRANITE 20" All-Terrain Dark Black Mountain
#10 R1S COMPASS YELLOW 21" Road Black Mountain

BAM! You have now shown every option and people can see and choose (in OC at least).

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Baby steps. They have been unable to reach ANY of their previous (lofty) goals, so they set a 2-week goal and actually achieved it! Congrats, now make another 2-week goal and achieve that too. Then try a 3-week goal...you get the picture.

I would say just get us our Rivians, but what I really want is a T and S side by side that I can make an educated decision on which one to go with first. Oh, and I want to see all the colors on something larger than an index card.

I am in Orange County, that should be fairly easy. Take 9 employees and give them the following vehicles to drive to work every day. Hire 2 security guards to keep an eye on them and allow the public to look.

#1 R1T LAUNCH GREEN 20" All-Terrain Forrest Edge
#2 R1T LA SILVER 20" All-Terrain Bright Black Mountain
#3 R1T GLACIER WHITE 20" All-Terrain Dark Ocean Coast
#4 R1T RED CANYON 21" Road Black Mountain
#5 R1T MIDNIGHT 22" Sport Bright Forrest Edge
#6 R1S RIVIAN BLUE 22" Sport Dark Black Mountain
#7 R1S LIMESTONE 20" All-Terrain Ocean Coast
#8 R1S FOREST GREEN 20" All-Terrain Bright Forrest Edge
#9 R1S EL CAP GRANITE 20" All-Terrain Dark Black Mountain
#10 R1S COMPASS YELLOW 21" Road Black Mountain

BAM! You have now shown every option and people can see and choose (in OC at least).
Let’s be real now, if they did that people would still be upset because their exact configuration of interior color, exterior color and wheel combination is not included…..

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
They are not too far off their projected 1200 produced vehicles. That is a positive sign.

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Starting to wonder if the estimates they gave for Adventures editions for July - September and October - December of this year are just keep people from canceling. I don't see how they are possibly going to make a significant dent in the LE editions this year, let alone get to Adventure ones.

OP
OP
Ladiver

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Starting to wonder if the estimates they gave for Adventures editions for July - September and October - December of this year are just keep people from canceling. I don't see how they are possibly going to make a significant dent in the LE editions this year, let alone get to Adventure ones.
100%

Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
As a shareholder I want to see production at a good and accelerating pace. And I want the brand to be strong for future growth/ROI.

As a a consumer I want quality!

Rivian is challenged with finding the right balance.

My hope is they find a way to accelerate production, without compromising quality.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Starting to wonder! Haha. Glad you had optimism to this point. If they deliver all the Launch Edition trucks next year that will be a win.

3 month delivery windows should have been a red flag but for the social conditioning of the beleaguered Rivian pre-order holder, it got the desired response "I finally have a date!"

cmiller

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
Nurse
So that will be a total 2030 trucks produced by the end of this year ?

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

I’ve got a Q3 LE R1T around ATL - had to check a few times to see being an outlier

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
They delivered 920% more EV trucks than GM did in 2021. Congrats to Rivian!
Sponsored