Sponsored

Rivian possibly could have handled this better??........Why Rivian Shares Plunged Monday

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I apologize. I just hate to see the company and its stockholders take such a hit over something that really is such a quick, simple and non-costly fix. Just "felt" like there maybe could have been a way to still make sure everyone was safe, notified immediately and issue resolved without having to take a hit for it. But, apparently not.
Who gives a shit about stock prices? It means nothing.

Consumer safety is more important.
Sponsored

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I know many disagreed with my assessment, which was just a thought. But, it seems that Rivian is taking big hits to its stock price for the oddest of reasons. First, because some trucks "might" need a half a turn on one bolt that literally took 30 seconds to check and resolve if it needed tightening. The public recall led to the stock price getting pounded.

Now, the stock price took another huge hit yesterday because of BEDBUGS!!! Seriously!?!?

The company, as a car manufacturer is performing admirably. Under any "normal" circumstances, should have increased in price from it's bottom. It certainly opened way too high and quickly corrected with a nearly 80% decline. Feel horrible for those that got stuck paying $200 per share. But, once it got in the $20's, how could it not be a safe bet.

I know it will come up again, but just still baffled by two odd events that have caused massive price reductions. A very, very simple fix to "some" trucks to tighten a single bolt. But now, when have you ever heard of bed bugs impacting a company's stock price because they had to remove some machines from service into quarantine, resulting in a delay in production.

Obviously not Rivian's fault, but posting this more in amazement than for any other reason. Certainly not a criticism of the company. Just can't believe it was actually the cause of Tuesday's significant decline!

Seems so easy to lose 10-15% in a day, yet more difficult for it to recapture that loss once the issue is resolved.

I guess we can blame it on the actual stockholders for panicking over some very minor issues and selling off their stock.

No real point to this post other than to vent my astonishment over some of the oddities that have impacted this company. Long run will be great. Just a matter of getting to the long run through the short term.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Short sellers are vicious and will use any reason with volatile stocks.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I know many disagreed with my assessment, which was just a thought. But, it seems that Rivian is taking big hits to its stock price for the oddest of reasons. First, because some trucks "might" need a half a turn on one bolt that literally took 30 seconds to check and resolve if it needed tightening. The public recall led to the stock price getting pounded.

Now, the stock price took another huge hit yesterday because of BEDBUGS!!! Seriously!?!?

The company, as a car manufacturer is performing admirably. Under any "normal" circumstances, should have increased in price from it's bottom. It certainly opened way too high and quickly corrected with a nearly 80% decline. Feel horrible for those that got stuck paying $200 per share. But, once it got in the $20's, how could it not be a safe bet.

I know it will come up again, but just still baffled by two odd events that have caused massive price reductions. A very, very simple fix to "some" trucks to tighten a single bolt. But now, when have you ever heard of bed bugs impacting a company's stock price because they had to remove some machines from service into quarantine, resulting in a delay in production.

Obviously not Rivian's fault, but posting this more in amazement than for any other reason. Certainly not a criticism of the company. Just can't believe it was actually the cause of Tuesday's significant decline!

Seems so easy to lose 10-15% in a day, yet more difficult for it to recapture that loss once the issue is resolved.

I guess we can blame it on the actual stockholders for panicking over some very minor issues and selling off their stock.

No real point to this post other than to vent my astonishment over some of the oddities that have impacted this company. Long run will be great. Just a matter of getting to the long run through the short term.
Short and Distort. Wall street trying to make money any way they can.

You and me don't lose money on a stock unless we sell it when it's down. I refuse to.
Sponsored