Sponsored

Rivian possibly could have handled this better??........Why Rivian Shares Plunged Monday

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Stock market is fake anyway. Shorts always looking for bad news to plunge the price and trigger people's stop loss orders that they know exist because of PFOF.
Sponsored

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Should they have hid it and never said a word. They published it, told the owners, and the word got out. What can you do. Manufacturers recall things all the time, at least no one killed because of it.

Tahoe Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
A loss nut recall without any fatalities, injuries, etc isn't a big deal. This recall will amount to nothing.

The real problem is the EV mania when Rivian IPO'd when every mom and pop wanted to get in on another Tesla and make it to the riches quickly. They piled in at any price and now have been wiped out.

I bought some shares in the 20's after the capitulation, although I can't see how Rivian gets to a 40 handle again. It already has a market cap of 30 something billion.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I apologize. I just hate to see the company and its stockholders take such a hit over something that really is such a quick, simple and non-costly fix. Just "felt" like there maybe could have been a way to still make sure everyone was safe, notified immediately and issue resolved without having to take a hit for it. But, apparently not.

Tahoe Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I apologize. I just hate to see the company and its stockholders take such a hit over something that really is such a quick, simple and non-costly fix. Just "felt" like there maybe could have been a way to still make sure everyone was safe, notified immediately and issue resolved without having to take a hit for it. But, apparently not.
Any "bad" news on a company that is trying to survive will always send the share price down, I can't blame investors for being jittery either --- The company has zero track record.

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
Rivian email went out 600pm local time last Friday, local RSCā€™s had pop ups next morning Sat 800AM where many got done this weekend no appointment in less than 10 minutes and before NTSB went out this AM. Otherwise service vans are being made available.

I bet the bulk of these get handled in the next 10 days.

What else would you have recommended?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

This one has been good so far. I do have mild wind noise above 60 from triangle window trim and being addressed next month via mobile. Other than that canā€™t complain. šŸ˜Ž
what does that mean #2? you have two R1Ts or the first one was replaced?

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
what does that mean #2? you have two R1Ts or the first one was replaced?
Rivian bought my first LA Silver back. Had to be repainted twice. Early 1500 vin with striping issue, so let me swap.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Rivian email went out 600pm local time last Friday, local RSCā€™s had pop ups next morning Sat 800AM where many got done this weekend no appointment in less than 10 minutes and before NTSB went out this AM. Otherwise service vans are being made available.

I bet the bulk of these get handled in the next 10 days.

What else would you have recommended?
That part was kind of crappy too. I think the release came after 5:00 PM on Friday. I'm not one that is active in stocks, so no clue how some people are able to "trade after hours". With my account, only works during business hours. Somehow, trading was taking place after the news, but before I could do anything about it on Monday morning. My bad if there's a way to do it. I invest very little into stocks and those that I do, are long term stocks. Rivian is one of those very few. But, this would have been a no brainer to sell for a day or two. One of the reasons I'm not regularly active is because of the whole after hours thing. Every time I lost was "after hours". Probably me doing something wrong, but with an online account, haven't seen a way to be able to join that after hours activity?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
That part was kind of crappy too. I think the release came after 5:00 PM on Friday. I'm not one that is active in stocks, so no clue how some people are able to "trade after hours". With my account, only works during business hours. Somehow, trading was taking place after the news, but before I could do anything about it on Monday morning. My bad if there's a way to do it. I invest very little into stocks and those that I do, are long term stocks. Rivian is one of those very few. But, this would have been a no brainer to sell for a day or two. One of the reasons I'm not regularly active is because of the whole after hours thing. Every time I lost was "after hours". Probably me doing something wrong, but with an online account, haven't seen a way to be able to join that after hours activity?
Hope this helps.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/44...628631894^dsa-1635534199129^^584965509576^^^g

Sponsored

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Thank you.

I use my bank for stock transactions. They're not on the list of being capable of after-hours. Guess I need to make a change if I want that ability. And it was probably pre-1999 last time I tried to get into it, when it wasn't available to everyone and why I got out of doing it pretty quickly. Have plenty to keep me busy all day than having to watch for all the news and watch stocks from 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM. Will just stick with the long term investments.

Thanks again, appreciate the info.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I felt like Rivian handled it exactly the right way. Obviously they donā€™t have a ton of vehicles out there to fix, but Iā€™ve had terrible experiences with other manufacturers trying to get recall work done. Rivian went above and beyond to immediately get it taken care of as quickly as possible.

The overblown media reports were more to blame for the stock hit than the recall itself.

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Yea i'm looking to add and bring my avg cost of $46 down. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, maybe today or tomorrow. Give it the 3day rule............

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
I was happy it lowered, I loaded up and am buying more today.
Sponsored