Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

That’s certainly going to hit the stock today.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

My opinion why JV with them Rivian can already produce vans. If they can build them they will sell.

tmmcgee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner; Mustang GT; M3; Grand Cherokee, R1T
That’s certainly going to hit the stock today.
I was thinking that too, but with all of the concerns about expenditures, I think there is the possibility that the market may react more positively in the longer run from a cash management perspective. But yea... who really knows.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Rivian announces pause in Mercedes JV. Tough strategic choices for capital deployment for Rivian’s leadership team. I wonder what changed their view about this JV so quickly.

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...es-benz-make-electric-vans-europe-2022-12-12/

https://stocks.apple.com/AWupJiJjDTqu_19eTK_OFiQ
I wonder if thehve decided to focus all efforts on the consolidation of all functions (except, apparently, for R1+and EDV manufacturing in normal) into their Georgia megacampus. Which seems imprudent - why did they even bother moving from Michigan to California

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
It makes sense to hunker down and focus. It's concerning that they didn't realize this three months ago when they announced the agreement.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
It makes sense to hunker down and focus. It's concerning that they didn't realize this three months ago when they announced the agreement.
They likely didn't just change their minds. They just started investigating and/or negotiating and it hit a dead end. The MOU stage lacks any commitment or details, it's a slightly more formal way of saying "we had a good meeting with MB over a drink at the bar, and both of us totally thought it would be cool to work together, like for real".

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Stock will take a hit for sure, but in the near term, I think this is the right move for Rivian given the current economic outlook.

jbssfelix

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3; Rivian R1S
Clubs

Stock will take a hit for sure, but in the near term, I think this is the right move for Rivian given the current economic outlook.
That just means stock is on sale. Time to buy a few more shares. :)

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Well considering that both Tesla and Lucid are down 5% today too I don't think the market cares much.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Well considering that both Tesla and Lucid are down 5% today too I don't think the market cares much.
I agree, not a mover for the market.

Actually I can see it being a positive to step back and focus more on current commitments while they try to ramp production and work on the cash flow to reduce burn rates.

I’m guessing they could not iron out the details with Mercedes, they did not have an actual deal and had just agreed in principal to work out a deal.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I wonder if the year delay to Georgia and R2 production (now 2026) had an impact.
Wonder why they are spending money to open a site in Eastern Europe if money is tight.

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
First there was the Samsung JV; that didn't happen. Then there was the Georgia factory deal, which is running into problems (and the Normal plant can produce 200,000 cars a year, anyway, 10x what they're currently doing). Now Mercedes deal is no more. Honestly, Donald Trump does better deals than Rivian.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
First there was the Samsung JV; that didn't happen. Then there was the Georgia factory deal, which is running into problems (and the Normal plant can produce 200,000 cars a year, anyway, 10x what they're currently doing). Now Mercedes deal is no more. Honestly, Donald Trump does better deals than Rivian.
You forgot about the Ford partnership...
Sponsored