Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
To me, this is just another example of Rivian choosing to focus on shallow branding rather than practicality. Under Canvas is an Instagram model's wet dream where they pretend to be outdoorsy just to get one highly edited shot to post for likes. Very few outdoors(wo)men, overlanders, etc. visit Under Canvas sites, and I can't imagine Under Canvas's annual visitor count is that high. I mean this is better than nothing, but I feel like there are better partnerships and endeavors to pursue that have more traffic and usefulness.
Maybe I'm old-school and/or gatekeeping the outdoors, but I do think this could be a case of too many tech millennials working at Rivian? Or Rivian knows exactly what they are doing, knows Under Canvas's visitor counts and growth strategy, and are positioning their brand for the next generation.
Everyone I know that is age 25-35 and in New York or San Francisco that "loves the outdoors" also loves Under Canvas. But they are also the same people that do it for the 'gram and have little to no outdoor code of ethics or experience and often are a detriment to the experience of others. I guess that is really Rivian's market though...weekenders with too much money. I just hope that doesn't become their identity.

All that being said, the more people that have access to and learn to appreciate the outdoors, the better! I just am biased towards Under Canvas and what I believe it promotes.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian partners with Under Canvas to bring EV charging to luxury campsites 904E3DC5-673F-4B8A-8260-FB7CD235BEAC
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian partners with Under Canvas to bring EV charging to luxury campsites 59285652-67AC-428E-8775-20E4F8D051D0
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian partners with Under Canvas to bring EV charging to luxury campsites 1DDA0D99-1A25-4D5D-991F-E213E2FDF0EC
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian partners with Under Canvas to bring EV charging to luxury campsites 732D6DFA-4FE6-42E9-BE60-C357D39DF915
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian partners with Under Canvas to bring EV charging to luxury campsites 120113CF-D131-40FC-A5B5-7852D6226E4B

I couldn’t disagree more. My family had a fantastic time at Under Canvas West Yellowstone on our way up to Whitefish and Banff. I think it’s a perfect experience for a family. Heck, I even caught a whopper trout in the stream on the property. The claw foot bathtub isn’t roughing it, but fairly romantic. No “wet dream needed”. Great partnership for a Level 2.
Sponsored