First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
While you’re correct about Virginia… I must point out that Flagstaff has never reached a 3 digit temperature. They get snow and even have a ski lift there. Flagstaff is no Phoenix ;)
Unfortunately I've never been but sounds like my kind of place.
Sponsored

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
They had a similar sized booth in 2019 and just had one R1T there, I assume it’ll be a similar setup. The Overland Expo site listed a contact email for the Rivian rep who is organizing the event. I won’t post his email here for privacy reasons, but if you don’t want to dig for it you can DM me and I’ll share the address. You could ask him for clarification.
Thank you F. P. will contact cs Monday to see what they say.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

It'd be kinda lame for a car manufacturer to be there without a car?

BWillR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Audi Q7
Occupation
Construction Executive
Clubs

I visit Phoenix from Chicago monthly and I am due for a trip that week. I may extend and do the Friday day pass. It would be great to share my Raffinity for this truck with someone besides my wife.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FPHater

FPHater

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have an electric longboard
Occupation
Retired Air Force
I visit Phoenix from Chicago monthly and I am due for a trip that week. I may extend and do the Friday day pass. It would be great to share my Raffinity for this truck with someone besides my wife.
Tell me about it, mine is going to get tired of hearing about Rivian eventually. Hope to see you there!

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I reached out to Rivian to try to see what they were going to do for the show.

Through email, I got the usual frustrating nonsense:
" As of right now, we are unable to confirm our participation in this event. "

I asked through chat this morning, and got a more honest reply - the person didn't know what their display would be, but certainly didn't refuse to acknowledge such an event was happening and Rivian was going to be a part of it. At least they attempted to be helpful.

I did request that Rivian send out an email with details on their participation once it is all finalized, since there is no reason to keep it a secret. We'll see...

I'll probably ask again in a week or so. If anyone gets a different response, please let us know.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I reached out to Rivian to try to see what they were going to do for the show.

Through email, I got the usual frustrating nonsense:
" As of right now, we are unable to confirm our participation in this event. "

I asked through chat this morning, and got a more honest reply - the person didn't know what their display would be, but certainly didn't refuse to acknowledge such an event was happening and Rivian was going to be a part of it. At least they attempted to be helpful.

I did request that Rivian send out an email with details on their participation once it is all finalized, since there is no reason to keep it a secret. We'll see...

I'll probably ask again in a week or so. If anyone gets a different response, please let us know.
With the recent COVID surge many companies (mine included) are reevaluating their “return to normal” plans. My company, for example, has pulled out of events we planned to attend in current hotspot areas. I would not be surprised if Rivian is doing the same and could likely decide to pull out of this despite initially planning to be there. That might explain the noncommittal answer from CS. Not that CS ever needed a reason for noncommittal answers ?.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
With the recent COVID surge many companies (mine included) are reevaluating their “return to normal” plans. My company, for example, has pulled out of events we planned to attend in current hotspot areas. I would not be surprised if Rivian is doing the same and could likely decide to pull out of this despite initially planning to be there. That might explain the noncommittal answer from CS. Not that CS ever needed a reason for noncommittal answers ?.
I guess the entire event could end up being cancelled at this point. He is probably just hedging for that...

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
No longer showing up on the site as a sponsor, as far as I can tell.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Man, I'd head there for sure if it didn't conflict with another passion of mine.... Trackside worker for Long Beach Grand Prix that same weekend.

Normally this race is in April but covid shuffled the 2021 Indycar season and now its the finale race. ?

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Good catch. I can't find them on there either, gone from the exhibitor list. Interesting, because I'd have to think it's hard to pull out of being a title sponsor this close to the event. Someone at Mountain West told me they were supposed to be set up next to Rivian at both Mountain West and West, and Rivian had pulled out of Mountain West, which I was surprised to hear because I never saw them on the exhibitor list. Maybe they were originally supposed to be at both and have now pulled out of both?

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Good catch. I can't find them on there either, gone from the exhibitor list. Interesting, because I'd have to think it's hard to pull out of being a title sponsor this close to the event. Someone at Mountain West told me they were supposed to be set up next to Rivian at both Mountain West and West, and Rivian had pulled out of Mountain West, which I was surprised to hear because I never saw them on the exhibitor list. Maybe they were originally supposed to be at both and have now pulled out of both?
Seems so. Bummer because I was in Denver and could have easily popped up to Ft. Collins... Just hoping they return to doing some field marketing soon. Really would like to kick the tires.

OP
OP
FPHater

FPHater

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have an electric longboard
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Wow that blows. What am I supposed to do with the tickets and hotel room I bought just to see Rivian?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Wow that blows. What am I supposed to do with the tickets and hotel room I bought just to see Rivian?
Damn, feel for you bro. Contact Rivian, maybe they'll send you a water bottle to make up for it.
Sponsored