First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Transit Connect, 2000 VW Golf TDI
Occupation
Retired
This is not true for me. Pre-order was 2/2/2022 (prior to price increase). On latest update, I went from “Processing Estimate“ to “April - May“ delivery.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Everyone already knew this was happening so why does this “article” suddenly appear trying to stir things up and create outrage?

• Rivian never at any time promised anyone that orders would be delivered in the order they were placed. This happens due to batching and it happens (probably) due to pricing and it happens due to location of the order.
  • (IF they are doing this) it is honestly the smartest move Rivian could make to help their bottom line. They are losing massive amounts of money on the early priced vehicles.
  • We are lucky there is even such a thing as early pricing. Rivian did not have to offer that to us. Ford has raised Lightning prices 4 times already.
  • Do the authors of this “article” monitor the delivery queue of other manufacturers? If Ford or Tesla or GM deliver an EV out of order are they on the case? 🤔

Last edited:

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I'll say what I did when this was posted elsewhere.

According to who? Twitter posts, forums and a few orders the author reviewed?

I’ve seen some pre-March holders move up, so maybe I should write an article too.
Ridiculous article written to stir the pot.

hbkdinobot

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
I’m a pre March order and I moved up from “2024” to Oct-Dec 2023.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rivianation

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
I'll say what I did when this was posted elsewhere.

According to who? Twitter posts, forums and a few orders the author reviewed?

I’ve seen some pre-March holders move up, so maybe I should write an article too.
Ridiculous article written to stir the pot.
"According to who?" that early orderers are pissed?
Yeah, you're right. No one is pissed. :rolleyes:

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

"According to who?" that early orderers are pissed?
Yeah, you're right. No one is pissed. :rolleyes:
Never said no one is pissed.
Some people moved up, some moved back, and some stayed the same and that includes early and later adopters.
So what's the story again?

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Delivery timeline has always been pretty closely related to distance from SC. It was the same song and dance for the R1T. I’m a post march reservation holder and I’m still Jan-July 2024 whereas before I was just “2024”. They’re not going to go in sequential order from preorder date, we learned that with the R1T. Article is just trying to get clicks on something that has been known for a long time now.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Everyone already knew this was happening so why does this “article” suddenly appear trying to stir things up and create outrage?

• Rivian never at any time promised anyone that orders would be delivered in the order they were placed. This happens due to batching and it happens due to pricing And it happens due to location of the order.
  • This is honestly the smartest move Rivian could make to help their bottom line. They are losing massive amounts of money on the early priced vehicles.
  • We are lucky there is even such a thing as early pricing. Rivian did not have to offer that to us. Ford has raised Lightning prices 4 times already.
  • Do the authors of this “article” monitor the delivery queue of other manufacturers? If Ford or Tesla or GM deliver an EV out of order are they on the case? 🤔
What evidence exists to justify the claims that Rivian has prioritized due to pricing?

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
What evidence exists to justify the claims that Rivian has prioritized due to pricing?
There isn’t any. We only know that some people who ordered post price hike have gotten their vehicles before some with earlier pricing. Which is even more reason the ”article” is garbage.

My point is even if Rivian admitted they did this it wouldn’t mean jack $hit.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Start telling us some facts. Where are you located? What is your build?
No no no. That is not how journalism works.
Clearly this is all the data we need to write an article to make it seem like the world is falling down and everyone is pissed.
Sponsored