Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
https://www.chicagobusiness.com/com...-opening-first-chicago-showroom-fulton-market

Rivian, the fledgling but well-financed electric truck maker, is getting ready to show off its vehicles in the Fulton Market neighborhood.

Rivian, which just raised $2.65 billion, plans to open a showroom in a building at 932 W. Randolph St., a couple blocks east of McDonald’s headquarters, according to people familiar with its plans. It would be among the first retail locations in the country for the company, which expects to deliver the first of its trucks and sport-utility vehicles this year.

Rivian has picked an up-and-coming neighborhood to build its brand in Chicago, a trendy area that fits with the company’s cutting-edge image. Its restaurants, office buildings, apartment buildings and hotels also attract a well-heeled group that might be interested in paying $67,500 and up for Rivian’s “electric adventure vehicles.”
Sponsored

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Cant wait to visit!

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I’m there - hopefully at their invitation as a preorder holder to test drive an R1T! ??

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I’m there - hopefully at their invitation as a preorder holder to test drive an R1T! ??
Happy for you Chicago-area folks! They'd do well to prioritize pre-order holders for appointments, viewings and test drives. I will get mad on your behalf if they open this up to the general public before pre-order holders are taken care of.

Sponsored

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Happy for you Chicago-area folks! They'd do well to prioritize pre-order holders for appointments, viewings and test drives. I will get mad on your behalf if they open this up to the general public before pre-order holders are taken care of.
I’m nowhere near Chicago - but I’ll go there if that’s my first opportunity to drive an R1T. And I agree, reservation holders should definitely be given priority.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
It is a cool area, I wonder if they'll do a preoorder holder event for the grand opening?

Would love to check it out!

Joewillie

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Firefighter
I agree, pre-order appointments would seem to be a no-brainer. I trust that Rivian - who seems to be doing everything the right way, would do this.

I'm 5+ hours away in Cleveland, but would definitely make this trip to see one in person. I'm guessing this will be the closest showroom to my location in the near future.

Kickaha

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
At this point, all they need for a retail location is one of the prototype vehicles and a store front. Everything else is online so they can scale pretty quickly with more locations.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Stupid paywall... so is it ACTUALLY open or they are just saying it's coming?

Sponsored

OP
OP
electruck

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Stupid paywall... so is it ACTUALLY open or they are just saying it's coming?
It's coming, not open yet.

FYI, Reader Mode in Firefox will allow you to bypass the paywall on this and many other sites.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
OP
OP
electruck

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
NICE! Thanks for the tip!
Also.... sometimes content gets hidden before you can switch to Reader Mode. Refreshing the page after switching to Reader Mode frequently resolves that issue.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian opening first Chicago showroom in Fulton Market 1612495784014

Notable that the article cites a source saying Rivian is occupying the whole 13,000 SF building. The Laguna Theatre and the building in Denver are also about 12,000 SF. These “experience centers” look to be large. Not some small pop ups in a shopping mall.
Sponsored

Last edited: