First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eTron GT
Occupation
Management Consultant
I saw that earlier last week, and got really excited, but then I realized it was 2021, not going to get mine till 2022, fingers crossed it’s still there next year when the idiots get done playing tax gods.
Well, they are not "playing" it, they ARE the Tax Gods. :CWL:

OP
OP

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I saw that earlier last week, and got really excited, but then I realized it was 2021, not going to get mine till 2022, fingers crossed it’s still there next year when the idiots get done playing tax gods.
Unfortunately, if they pass anything like the proposal currently under consideration we won't know how much - if any - the R1T/S will qualify for until after the IRS generates rules to implement what they interpret to be the intent of the passed code.
Estimated time frame: very late 2022, but more likely early 2023.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
….I wonder when the R1S will be added?

Sponsored

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Unfortunately, if they pass anything like the proposal currently under consideration we won't know how much - if any - the R1T/S will qualify for until after the IRS generates rules to implement what they interpret to be the intent of the passed code.
Quietly as a business owner and a tax professional, the EIDL and PPL were more helpful than this tax credit anyway. But it still would be nice. So I really can’t complain, there were a ton of opportunities for a lot of folks this year for obvious reasons of course.

Chris S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Model 3 Perf, '19 MX-5 Club, '22 Model Y Perf
Occupation
REALTOR
Was there any doubt? Not with me, at least until the current set of. rules changes.

ruawahoo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade and CX-5
Does anyone know if the new EV tax credit language grandfather in prior approved vehicles? If so, this may provide a little more protection for R1T purchasers that get the 2022 model year. But I have no idea.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Economic injury disaster loan advances, and the paycheck protection loans, they were a Business benefits for those that did not get the stimulus and were adversely affected by Covid 19, it put money back in the bank for lost business and in most cases did not have to be paid back. Better than tax credit. Don’t even get me started on the ERC credits one can triple dip as well, it was raining money from the irs this year.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Does anyone know if the new EV tax credit language grandfather in prior approved vehicles? If so, this may provide a little more protection for R1T purchasers that get the 2022 model year. But I have no idea.
The new credit would replace the old. No grandfathering.

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

That probably lines up nicely with when they will start delivering non-LE preorders. All part of the plan. ?

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
any word if Rivian would also qualify for the extra 5k referenced in the proposed new legislation?

Made in USA - yep
Union - nope.

https://insideevs.com/news/544210/ev-tax-credit-increase-retained/
If it stays as written, the answer is no. It's currently $4,500 if made in the US AND by Union labor. They are tied together right now. Also another $500 if the batteries were made in the US. I think Rivian, for now, is using Samsung batteries made in Korea. I believe there's been discussion of Samsung opening a plant in the US, but I don't think that's online yet.

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Move to Vancouver in Canada... None of these tax credits come into play and you pay a surcharge due to the exchange....
Sponsored