Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I don't believe it. I'm just going to go with a 3rd party option.
There was some mention of alteration to the truck voiding the warranty. I don’t know if installation of a rock slider or simple running board would constitute that. But, going to wait and see what these look like and cost. Would rather have Rivian install them prevent any of those potential issues with the warranty.
Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

There was some mention of alteration to the truck voiding the warranty. I don’t know if installation of a rock slider or simple running board would constitute that. But, going to wait and see what these look like and cost. Would rather have Rivian install them prevent any of those potential issues with the warranty.
Installing running boards or rock sliders will not void any warranty. For any warranty related purposes, the installed part needs to be the cause of fault, for any particular component warranty to be voided.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Back in October the SC told me that the winch is being redesigned due to issues they had encountered with weight, and running boards are in development.

Well… we all know how the winch turned out so I will see it when I believe it.
Let's not let one instance turn us into a pessimist shall we?

Aside from the winch, name one other thing that is being "redesigned" that hasn't actually materialized.

*Any mention of tonneau covers, charging pads, suspensions, axles, cv shafts, tailgates, door latches, camp kitchens, gear shuttles, etc. are not allowed.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

A guy from the service center called me to discuss my upcoming appointment so I figured I would ask him if he knew of any running boards in the work that will be OEM from Rivian. To my surprise, he said they will be coming out in March? (which probably means later this year, lol)

Has anyone else heard about this? Is there any more information available?
Awesome.....another deadline to look forward for Rivian to miss... 😉

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
It was only a matter of time before someone started blaming Rivian yet again for missing a deadline they never set on a feature they never promised. This is a completely unsubstantiated rumor. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but Rivian hasn't promised anything.

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
This is a completely unsubstantiated rumor. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but Rivian hasn't promised anything.
Unsubstantiated rumor from forum member via RSC.

So I’d give it significantly greater chances of happening vs. from an official deadline via Rivian Comms.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Will see... still waiting on spare tires in the gear shop . Hopefully a true rumor

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Yeah, if this is true, it's great and nice to hear them reacting to customers' needs/feedback. I've been holding off on the aftermarket options because I would really prefer an OEM solution. March isn't that far off. Even if it's just more information and details in March, that would be enough for me to hold off a bit longer to buy those when they become available.
Would LOVE IT if Rivian offered running boards. Not trying to be negative, rather just being realistic....But, after learning my lesson with Elon Standard Time and seeing Rivian well behind in so many areas, I can GUARANTEE you that Rivian will not be delivering running boards to customers in the next two months. Just not going to happen. No proof or verified source to go off of, just common sense from experience. How many are waiting for camp kitchens or gear tunnel shuttles, or whatever else?

I only state the above to assist with helping you not get your hopes up. It might be possible that they "announce" the intent to build running boards by March and possibly some of the new trucks will start getting them later in the year, if they're making it an option for new car purchases? It's an item I'm sure probably more than 50% of buyers would eagerly check in the options list if made available.

For a new company, production takes time and I'm sure new trucks will get first priority. Being that they'll likely be an item with high demand on new truck orders, those trying to get them after having already purchased their truck will likely be waiting a while

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
They'll have little yellow Rivian Compasses on them somewhere, the crowd will go wild, and they'll sell like hotcakes regardless of price.

No questions about weight, ground clearance, range hit, mounting method, mounting videos, skid abilities, jack placement, materials composition, surface grip, fastener type, group buys, and whether or not your 4'9" wife will be able to get her right butt cheek over the driver's side bolster.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

The owls are not what they seem.

Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Time to change the name of this site to antirivianforums.com...

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
They'll have little yellow Rivian Compasses on them somewhere, the crowd will go wild, and they'll sell like hotcakes regardless of price.

No questions about weight, ground clearance, range hit, mounting method, mounting videos, skid abilities, jack placement, materials composition, surface grip, fastener type, group buys, and whether or not your 4'9" wife will be able to get her right butt cheek over the driver's side bolster.
Until there is a supply problem, and then they will remove the yellow accent and sell them as all black.

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
It’s conceivable, nay likely, that Rivian will release a 2023 upgrade to the R1T. Indeed, they have promised as much with the Enduro engines. Thus, the enduro reveal would have become the deadline date for a whole slew of spec bumps, improvements, and offferings.

I fully expect a major announcement in the March-June timeframe. It will include a winch and running boards, a new color or two, enduro, tonneau, and maybe a few surprises.

Many of these improvements will have been years in the making. Rivian is the real deal. They’re not going down without a massive fight. Time and again they’ve proven they know how to execute. I expect the 2023 update to massively delight.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Unsubstantiated rumor from forum member via RSC.

So I’d give it significantly greater chances of happening vs. from an official deadline via Rivian Comms.
A tech at a Rivian Service Center once told me that the R2 line is actually going to resemble the Reliant Robin and only have three wheels.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I would hope that OE rivian running boards have a heavy focus on efficiency- if so I will definitely look into them...
Sponsored