SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I tend to agree with most that this Hub in the center of Manhattan is ill-conceived. The cost of this Hub would probably fund three Service Centers in the hinterland where there are early adopters with confirmed orders who are just too far from the nearest Service Center. Sometimes I have to wounder "whose driving the bus?"

Brian

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
Please, please give us some service centers in reasonable places. Note: Brooklyn and Manhattan are not reasonable places to have to deal with for vehicle service.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
These hubs are likely located near heavy foot traffic, and particularly close to deep pocketed consumers. NYC and surrounding Connecticut have a lot of money.

LA + Newport Beach the same.

I think these locations’ marketing/advertising help drive more demand.

onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

These hubs are likely located near heavy foot traffic, and particularly close to deep pocketed consumers. NYC and surrounding Connecticut have a lot of money.

It's not even about the locals, it's a very touristy area and Rivian will get a lot of exposure to people from all over the world and backgrounds. I see it as a tactical advantage.

Sponsored

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
I got an email invite too.. at minimum a 2hr drive, with traffic 3hrs.... pass!
My First Mile invitation was also to Brooklyn. I was able to get it changed however, and had a great test drive out of Fredricksburg, VA. The drive was about 30 more miles than to Brooklyn, but less time and the VA location was far more conducive to proper test drive.

Contact Rivian and bug them to change the venue. With Brooklyn being overwhelmed, it doesn't make sense for Rivian to insist that folks continue to use it.

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
If my R1S has any issues, I'm debating on waiting until Edison is open Q1-ish of next year to get them resolved.
Bingo! This is one of the biggest reasons why I'm OK with waiting a bit longer than the 3+ years its already taken. I'm really hoping that when things change from "Processing estimate" for delivery of my R1S, the date is as close to the end of the year as possible.

I was able to change my delivery address, so don't have to do the hellish 120+ mile/3-plus hour drive to Brooklyn to pick up the R1S, but am still tied to the BSC for any service needed. Taking delivery late in the year may mean only having to drive to Edison for the inevitable post-delivery service, a far less daunting trip. Things will be even better when the Trenton area SC opens.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
My First Mile invitation was also to Brooklyn. I was able to get it changed however, and had a great test drive out of Fredricksburg, VA. The drive was about 30 more miles than to Brooklyn, but less time and the VA location was far more conducive to proper test drive.

Contact Rivian and bug them to change the venue. With Brooklyn being overwhelmed, it doesn't make sense for Rivian to insist that folks continue to use it.
I never got a "First Mile" invite during the 18 month wait between placing my order and the truck being delivered in Jan this year... even with me requesting an invite several times.
Now that I've have had my truck since Jan they suddenly invited me to be "part of the Rivian community" at the new NYC Hub. Um, thanks but no thanks, that ship has sailed.

Last edited:

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I never got a "First Mile" invite during the 18 month wait between placing my order and the truck being delivered in Jan this year... even with me requesting an invite several times.
Now that I've have had my truck since Jan they suddenly invited me to be "part of the Rivian community" at the new NYC Hub. Um, thanks but no thanks, that ship has sailed.
I'm considering going to the Hub on this Saturday 6/17 morning as part of the event with the Northeast Rivian club. For me it would be a 5 hour trip each way with the charging stop.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Are you happy with their SC rollout and locations to date?

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I'm considering going to the Hub on this Saturday 6/17 morning as part of the event with the Northeast Rivian club. For me it would be a 5 hour trip each way with the charging stop.
They are forecasting rain here Sat, is the event running on Sunday? Sunday is supposed to be really nice downstate.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
They are forecasting rain here Sat, is the event running on Sunday? Sunday is supposed to be really nice downstate.
I think the hub is open on Sunday but the special event is Saturday morning. I might end up boating about 130 miles from Onieda to Seneca lake with a buddy who is picking up a 35' Carver he just bought.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Please, please give us some service centers in reasonable places. Note: Brooklyn and Manhattan are not reasonable places to have to deal with for vehicle service.
Nor is downtown Chicago for people in Wisconsin.

RadDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick Enclave
It's not even about the locals, it's a very touristy area and Rivian will get a lot of exposure to people from all over the world and backgrounds. I see it as a tactical advantage.
This. NYC is like ancient Rome, center of the universe in a lot of ways. Gotta have a footprint there of some kind. And with the High Line and Little Island right there, they will get tons of exposure.