Sponsored

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Ford has had a P/E multiple higher than GM for over 5 years. It has nothing or very little to do with Rivian. Ford is valued more than GM by investors. They believe Ford's growth will outpace GM by a significant margin over the coming years. That's all it is.
Yes, it is still higher than GM, but if you take out $17B from their market cap for Rivian, it's closer to 20 than 27-28.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
It's going to be pretty easy for analysts to sniff out a miss in deliveries before 24 hours before the earnings. At that point I expect a miss will already be priced in.
Well to be fair, there is nothing to miss because they've given no guidance to investors on deliveries for 2022. The 1,000 or so by end of 2021 will have no impact on the stock price. The only thing that will be negative is if they say they encountered unforeseen delays, in production or in securing additional factory capacity. Lucid missed rear looking deliveries by 80% and their stock went up 20% because they said nothing had changed for their 20k forecast for 2022.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Welp, here’s the correction. Now the question is, just how much?

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Welp, here’s the correction. Now the question is, just how much?
Anyone's guess at this point but it's definitely correcting. Have to figure people will turn into buyers when it hits certain figures. Maybe 125, 100?

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Anyone's guess at this point but it's definitely correcting. Have to figure people will turn into buyers when it hits certain figures. Maybe 125, 100?
Sold at 175 and now trying to figure out where to set my buy limit. I'd love it at $100 but not sure if it will get back down there.

Arthur Itiz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mercedes a220, 2021 Mercedes gla250
I don't hold RIVN so no skin in the game (other than the $1,000 preorder). I'm rooting for the company, but this type of valuation is not sustainable, IMO. Not yet, at least. The risk/reward is too high and all it would take for this stock to correct 50% is for RJ to come out and announce a delay. Which is a real possibility right now.

Just be careful, folks. :)

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I don't hold RIVN so no skin in the game (other than the $1,000 preorder). I'm rooting for the company, but this type of valuation is not sustainable, IMO. Not yet, at least. The risk/reward is too high and all it would take for this stock to correct 50% is for RJ to come out and announce a delay. Which is a real possibility right now.

Just be careful, folks. :)
Agreed. These are inherently dangerous waters.

One has to assume that in that sort of press release he would also share how many more preorders they have gotten since IPO, which I assume to be massive given the media they are getting (for free).
Sponsored