First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
the first 5 minutes are bashing other youtube channels, car manufacturers, and all sorts of things, and nothing about Rivian. Pass, I have better things to do with my life than listen to this.

If car people were as vindictive as they say, Kyle over at Out of Spec would never get cars, he tortures them, goes through the entire charging curve pointing out failures all the way.

What's the difference? oh he's not a self appointed lord and savior and a dick about it, he points where things can get better, or understand the development lifecycle.

I may be annoyed Kyle got skipped in line/pre-Mar 1 price for his, but these guys are not someone I'll watch.
Sponsored

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ah, yes, the ol' telling others that they're full of it approach to coherent adult discussion. Works every time.
Well... You did overlook the fact I linked a published study about the reliability of fast chargers... So I'm making my conclusion based on data. What's your statement based on since you didn't offer any data to refute the study I posted?

If you have any objective evidence to refute my conclusion, and the conclusion in the YouTube video, that non Tesla EV chargers are unreliable then post it and prove us wrong. Otherwise you are proving my point that you post inaccurate nonsense criticisms in response to others.

Last edited:

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Well... You did overlook the fact I linked a published study about the reliability of fast chargers... So I'm making my conclusion based on data. What's your statement based on since you didn't offer any data to refute the study I posted?

If you have any objective evidence to refute my conclusion, and the conclusion in the YouTube video, that non Tesla EV chargers are unreliable then post it and prove us wrong. Otherwise you are proving my point that you post inaccurate nonsense criticisms in response to others.
Well, you certainly proved *my* point. Cheers.

Chris S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Model 3 Perf, '19 MX-5 Club, '22 Model Y Perf
Occupation
REALTOR
I have to admit that this video softened the blow of my losing my R1 LE reservation. I ordered a Model Y Performance the day before Rivian announced their price increases, and have already had it for almost a month now. It's not off-road capable like the Rivians, but I can charge it fast and hassle-free just about anywhere, and there are a lot of synergies to having 2 Teslas.

Hopefully I'll have better luck w/ the F150 Lightning or Cybertruck.

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
I have to admit that this video softened the blow of my losing my R1 LE reservation. I ordered a Model Y Performance the day before Rivian announced their price increases, and have already had it for almost a month now. It's not off-road capable like the Rivians, but I can charge it fast and hassle-free just about anywhere, and there are a lot of synergies to having 2 Teslas.

Hopefully I'll have better luck w/ the F150 Lightning or Cybertruck.
We lifted our Y ~2" and tow a 3300lbs dual axle popup around Texas. South of Austin in San Marcos there is one spot where you don't need to unhitch as well. Looking forward to more "drive through" capable chargers. This was before we put in the lift kit.

My friends in the coast give me a hard time because everyone else is lowering theirs :)

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Not Cutting It - In Depth PXL_20210528_180149514

Sponsored

RivRev

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Why would anyone watch this? These are just clickbait videos. Stay away. Make up your own mind about the car.
Did you watch the video? Sure, they are annoying humans (in some people's opinion), but that doesn't invalidate their experience. They took a simple weekend trip and had issues. And recorded and shared those issues. They made it very clear that SOME not all of the blame falls on Rivian. And comparing it to their other experience of Tesla is really the only reasonable comparison to make in today's market.
This video hardly about the car, that is the point! It is real user experience of what it is like to go on a weekend trip in a non-tesla. And guess what, there aren't many videos like that.

I found this video to be MUCH LESS clickbait-y than all of the other silly rivian influencer videos going over the same 5 features with no critical feedback.

RivRev

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
These guys are garbage. Their content is clickbait. They are obnoxious. Please stop linking them or giving them attention. They are my least favorite youtubers and that's saying a lot.
Cool. That doesn't make the issues they experienced not true.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Did you watch the video? Sure, they are annoying humans (in some people's opinion), but that doesn't invalidate their experience. They took a simple weekend trip and had issues. And recorded and shared those issues. They made it very clear that SOME not all of the blame falls on Rivian. And comparing it to their other experience of Tesla is really the only reasonable comparison to make in today's market.
This video hardly about the car, that is the point! It is real user experience of what it is like to go on a weekend trip in a non-tesla. And guess what, there aren't many videos like that.

I found this video to be MUCH LESS clickbait-y than all of the other silly rivian influencer videos going over the same 5 features with no critical feedback.
No. Like I said, I don't understand why anyone would waste time watching videos by "annoying humans". Especially when it starts with an obvious clickbait headline.

I'm just going to keep driving my truck and if I have issues that I think might be of interest to other owners, I'll post it here and let Rivian know directly.

No.92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I don't hold Rivian accountable for the inconsistent and unreliable EA chargers, but I do think some people are letting them off the hook too easily for not following through with the RAN network.

How many DCFCs has Rivian built so far? They have been promising these chargers for quite a while. When initially announced they claimed some would be up and running in 2021.

We are well past their own target date, and are any of them up and running now?

This is another example of Rivian setting expectations they cannot meet.

At this point, any date they announce for any feature or vehicle is not believable.

broken-promises-broken.jpg
And Elon/Tesla has been a shining example of hitting every expectations at exactly the time they said they would.

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
And Elon/Tesla has been a shining example of hitting every expectations at exactly the time they said they would.
Completely irrelevant. I have no interest in Teslas. Tesla is also known for missing their own deadlines, but their shortcomings do not excuse the problems at Rivian.
Sponsored