First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist

This episode of Now You Know highlights the biggest concern that I have with Rivian. Its the hodge podge of not always reliable charging networks that one has to deal with when traveling with the truck. Yes, I know these guys are Tesla fan boys, so the reveiw has to be taken with a grain of salt. But they do callout Rivian on this issue and I feel that they were quite honest. Your experiences are….
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Just because they are on YouTube doesn't make them an authority. I've tried to watch one of their other videos, it was difficult to watch and I couldn't finish. I'm not giving them another click based off of sensationalistic thumbnails, designed to get clicks. Someone has to keep in mind, do they have a real story to tell, or are they just trying to get clicks.

HA-Opec

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Just because they are on YouTube doesn't make them an authority. I've tried to watch one of their other videos, it was difficult to watch and I couldn't finish. I'm not giving them another click based off of sensationalistic thumbnails, designed to get clicks. Someone has to keep in mind, do they have a real story to tell, or are they just trying to get clicks.
Their argument regarding lack of charging infrastructure is pretty much on point. It's an EV problem, not necessarily a Rivian problem. Tesla just did it right, to their credit.

I went through the exact situation just two nights ago dealing with DCFast Charging not working on the R1T. I looked like an idiot backing out, trying a different charger then back again.. It made my trip not enjoyable at all, and I was really looking forward to it.
Love the truck but I loathe searching for charging stations now with a non-Tesla. It was so trouble free.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Their argument regarding lack of charging infrastructure is pretty much on point. It's an EV problem, not necessarily a Rivian problem. Tesla just did it right, to their credit.

I went through the exact situation just two nights ago dealing with DCFast Charging not working on the R1T. I looked like an idiot backing out, trying a different charger then back again.. It made my trip not enjoyable at all, and I was really looking forward to it.
Love the truck but I loathe searching for charging stations now with a non-Tesla. It was so trouble free.
Agreed. From what I’ve read the EV charging network outside of Tesla is a joke. I don’t know from first hand experience but that’s been the common sentiment from what I’ve seen. Blaming it on rivian seems a little short sided but understand if you’re coming from a Tesla owner point of view. You just want charging to “just work” which Tesla has undeniably accomplished.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Thanks for summing it up for me. I have no EV yet, but I do have concerns about the charging infrastructure for road trips. It seems some people have no issues, and others have a lot of issues. If Rivian is still going to build out the RAN network, that would help. Tesla didn't build their charging network in a day, and no one else will either. And there will be more and more cars waiting at chargers as more and more get sold. But I know someone should buy based on what is currently available, not the hopes and promises about the future any company gives, wether its software or a charging network.

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
Thanks for posting the thumbnail of this video. Such a strange thing to try (and fail) to make money on. Maybe I should start a YouTube channel of critiquing this dudes haircut and shit taste in music. The Germans have a good word for these two, backpfeifengesicht.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Not these clickbait dipshits again.

Fast charging isn’t yet ubiquitous, neither are EVs.
water is wet. film at 11

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Agreed. From what I’ve read the EV charging network outside of Tesla is a joke. I don’t know from first hand experience but that’s been the common sentiment from what I’ve seen. Blaming it on rivian seems a little short sided but understand if you’re coming from a Tesla owner point of view. You just want charging to “just work” which Tesla has undeniably accomplished.
These guys have an irksomely irritating history of incompetently presenting incompletely researched irresponsibly concluded irrelevant irreality.

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
But they do callout Rivian on this issue and I feel that they were quite honest. Your experiences are….
These guys are TOOLS, you need to find a better crowd to hang with. :lipssealed:

Early adopters facing the lack of quality chargers isn’t new NOR is it Rivian’s fault imho.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Don’t get the hate for these guys. I’d much prefer to hear about the problems with the truck than a constant refrain of praises. Sets expectations much better.
It’s not the what, it’s the how

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Why would anyone watch this? These are just clickbait videos. Stay away. Make up your own mind about the car.
Sponsored