Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Interesting. I had my tires rotated by mobile service in May at about 9000 miles.
Note, I did a 5 tire rotation which is easier to do with mobile. They generally recommend a 4 tire rotation.
I called CS yesterday with some questions about rotating my tires which have about 5,000 miles. The agent put me on hold and called a service center. When she came back she told me that they didn’t recommend a rotation until 9,000 miles. I found that a little odd but then she said they would quite soon be offering mobile tire rotation and I might want to wait it out. That’s good news for me and the first I had heard of this new service option. I still think 9,000 is a bit much.
Sponsored

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Paid $60 in late June for mobile service to do 5-tire rotation. Work was done while the tech was at my house to perform another a different service request (front passenger window lost calibration and was not able to be reset via instructions in Owner's Manual, soft reboot, or hard reboot.)

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
Discount Tire will rotate & balance for Free. Even though you didn’t buy them there. At least our local store does, but I think this is chain wide policy.
That's great and I hear this a lot but many areas do not have a Discount Tire. It would be closer for me to drive to Brooklyn SC (2 hours) than the closest Discount Tire.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Discount Tire will rotate & balance for Free. Even though you didn’t buy them there. At least our local store does, but I think this is chain wide policy.
I had Discount tire rotate my tires for free today. Well, almost free as I did tip the two guys who did the work. I called first to make sure they could do it there. When I got there the counter guy said they couldn't do it. When I mentioned I had the pucks he said they had a set for Rivian too. After talking it over a manager they agreed to do it. I did have to show them how to put it in tire change mode. As well as having to remove the plastic disks to get to the proper jack holes. Apparently they had damaged another Rivian before.
Sponsored