Sponsored

Rivian Mobile Tire Rotation Service is Coming - says CS

hekhl00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Rivian Blue Ocean Coast Adventure Package
I called CS yesterday with some questions about rotating my tires which have about 5,000 miles. The agent put me on hold and called a service center. When she came back she told me that they didn’t recommend a rotation until 9,000 miles. I found that a little odd but then she said they would quite soon be offering mobile tire rotation and I might want to wait it out. That’s good news for me and the first I had heard of this new service option. I still think 9,000 is a bit much.
Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
I have talked to my tech and they will offer the tire rotation if: you have a garage or covered space during inclement weather and you have a level surface to perform a tire rotation. If you don't have that they could refuse this service for a mobile tech.

daorte

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Limestone R1T
Occupation
Operations Director
So is 9000 miles the official tire rotation schedule?

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I called CS yesterday with some questions about rotating my tires which have about 5,000 miles. The agent put me on hold and called a service center. When she came back she told me that they didn’t recommend a rotation until 9,000 miles. I found that a little odd but then she said they would quite soon be offering mobile tire rotation and I might want to wait it out. That’s good news for me and the first I had heard of this new service option. I still think 9,000 is a bit much.
I spoke with service last week. I’m in NC and was also told that mobile service is available in NC depending on the service required. Tire rotation is one that is offered. I did ask if they had a recommendation for the 22’s…she said 7,500 miles.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

5000 is a very American rotation (usually associated with oil changes). When I was in the UK it was more like 10000 or annually (since people in the UK usually drive less).

Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
5000 is a very American rotation (usually associated with oil changes). When I was in the UK it was more like 10000 or annually (since people in the UK usually drive less).
Tire rotation is really case usage. My work car is 95% highway use and thus 10k mile rotations, never need balancing. My wife’s car, mostly in town, stop & go, lots of braking, turning, potholes, etc. Rotate & Balance every 6k.
For our R1T with 22”…I’ll do the 7,500k x 2, by 22.5k we’ll probably need new tires.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
I have talked to my tech and they will offer the tire rotation if: you have a garage or covered space during inclement weather and you have a level surface to perform a tire rotation. If you don't have that they could refuse this service for a mobile tech.
Has anyone been quoted a price from Rivian for a mobile tire rotation?

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
SC is now $100. Was 60
Discount Tire will rotate & balance for Free. Even though you didn’t buy them there. At least our local store does, but I think this is chain wide policy.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Discount Tire will rotate & balance for Free. Even though you didn’t buy them there. At least our local store does, but I think this is chain wide policy.
They also patch your tire for free! They rule. And it works for me— I buy my tires there lol

Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Has anyone been quoted a price from Rivian for a mobile tire rotation?
I had an appointment with Mobile Service to do a rotation in December, but I opted to get snow tires installed instead.
They quoted me $80. And I'm 240 miles from the SC...

kamolph

First Name
korn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z
Occupation
shop keeper
It is every moment better to use the manufacturer's recommendation for tire rotation, waiting until 9000 miles does seem like a long interval. Random tire rotation is very urgent to ensure even wear and extend the lifespan of your tires. If you feel that 9,000 miles are excessive, You can consider getting them rotated earlier, around the 5,000-6,000 mile mark, to maintain optimal performance. It is great to hear about the upcoming mobile tire repair service, as it can provide added convenience for future maintenance.

Last edited:

Greg Chick

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Plumbing Contractor
Clubs

I bought 2 full rims with tires because I had no spare and wanted to be able to rotate using one jack. At the time I needed 2 new tires from front wheel wear. At that time, I could not find 21" tires anywhere. Now in the future, I can replace my tires in pairs by taking 2 wheels to a tire shop in my R1T, dropping them off having tires mounted on my rims. I then go home to my flat garage floor, jack up one wheel, replace with a new complete tire on a rim. then let jack down to move it to the other side and do the same. Same goes for rotation, I can use the extra wheels to be for rotating, using only one jack. The extra wheel needed to carry a spare was a given. The other extra wheel was a luxury, for replacing tires myself and not needing the tire shop to touch my Rivian. I live in an isolated small town and the only tire shop has been known to be damaging to Tesla's. when lifting them.
This seems overly complex, well, it is, but the task is easy with 4+2 full wheels, and only 1 jack. No shop needed except to put tires on rim. Oh, I have a torque wrench that goes up to 150 pound setting for the lug nuts. Seems like I got the "Pucking" thing covered, with a 20 ton bottle jack that accepts the Rivian puck.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
It is every moment better to use the manufacturer's recommendation for tire rotation...
Random tire rotation is very urgent to ensure even wear and extend the lifespan of your tires.
Drunk A.I. ?

Got to go... I need to urgently randomly rotate my tires every moment :facepalm:
Sponsored